At Feather, our mission is to transform humanity's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. You’ll join a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion lies in delighting customers and helping people live lighter. In our eyes, the future of things is all about flexibility - having what you need when you need it and never when you don’t.
As Feather’s first copywriter, you’ll be joining a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion is delighting and simplifying the lives of our customers. You will be responsible for building a trusted and unified brand voice that people love and trust. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, detail oriented, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and passionate about Feather’s mission and the end user above all else.
- Work across all marketing functions to provide copy for channels including email, social, events & partnerships, blog, paid ads, press & website.
- Work with the Director of Brand to ensure you’re writing with the intended brand voice and with the Head of Marketing to manage timelines, messaging and execution.
- Develop cohesive and compelling messaging + storytelling that can sit seamlessly across channels.
- Help tell our story and answer big questions through our editorial platform (blog). These pieces will be more creative in nature and will require mature journalistic capability.
- Research interesting aspects about furniture trends and design and use relevant statistics to elevate our story telling and help our consumers understand complex concepts in quantifiable terms.
- Analyze data as it relates to communications in order to improve messaging and help us better understand what our audience is most receptive to across channels
- 5+ years of relevant experience (background in a startup or agency a plus)
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate in the brand voice
- Collaborative, innovative attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and action and iterate quickly
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels, including senior management
- Superior Mac skills & experience with social management tools
- Can think ahead and anticipate needs—you're never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Interest in working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Love of and belief in Feather’s mission
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a small team and building something from the ground up
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Fair and transparent compensation structure
- Competitive health, vision, dental, and other ancillary benefits
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest MacBook and a high-resolution external monitor
- A stylish desk and an ergonomic chair (it's what we do, after all!)