Corporate Communications Coordinator at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As our brand continues to grow, we are seeking a Corporate Communications Coordinator to play an important role in Better.com’s external communications efforts. The Corporate Communications Coordinator will be joining a team that supports the public reputation of one of the fastest-growing FinTechs nationwide. The candidate will grow their corporate communications skill set while supporting the corporate communications team’s efforts. They will create and maintain media lists, build an internal database of spokespersons, pitch and coordinate interviews and develop collateral under the guidance of team leadership. We are looking for a smart, passionate, strategic thinker who is a fantastic communicator that will help to support our team goals and objectives.
- Develop pitch ideas around potential media opportunities for assigned spokespersons and assist with media relations and creative story angles for business overall
- Create and maintain media lists, editorial calendars, briefing materials and backgrounders
- Maintain a detailed record of spokesperson biographies, headshots, interviews and internal collateral
- Research and maintain database of upcoming conferences, awards and events
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing media for the team
- Help draft pitch materials, narrative and Talking Points under guidance of team leadership
- Attend meetings, update records of action items in real time and assist in day-to-day operations of the team
- Bachelor's degree or comparable military experience
- 1-3 years of corporate relations or investor relations experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills to connect with people at all levels within the organization, external organizations and the media.
- Keen attention to detail with ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously for multiple stakeholders
- Experience creating media lists utilizing industry tools such as Cisions
- Excellent problem solving skills, good judgement, ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials and effective under pressure.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.