Director of Brand Marketing
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
We are growing our world-class marketing team and are looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to join our team based in New York City. You’ll work directly with the CMO and executive team to solidify our brand positioning and messaging, and will own all brand, content marketing, organic social and external comms channels. You’ll have the opportunity to build your team from scratch and will be a critical player in shaping the office culture of our NYC team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a global brand that inspires the next billion musicians to pick up an instrument!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work cross-functionally to solidify brand positioning and messaging
- Collaborate with creative team to deliver updated brand book
- Take full ownership of all brand, content marketing, organic social and external comms channels--including hiring, strategy, setting of KPIs and the successful delivery of results
- Become the foremost internal advocate of Yousician’s brand and ensure compliance across external touchpoints
- Plan, test and execute brand marketing initiatives that drive measurable results and increase awareness of Yousician in the marketplace
WHO YOU ARE
- Required: 7+ years experience (with progressive responsibility) in brand marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, PR or external comms
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Experience working on brand positioning/ messaging and or a full rebrand
- Excellent eye for design
- Exceptionally strong writing skills
- Experience working in a fast growing startup preferred
- Skilled at managing up with founders and company executives
- Self driven and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Mission driven with a strong interest in music and/ or music education preferred
- You are eligible to work and live in the United States.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll play a key role in growing our U.S. operation.
- You’ll be part of our unique and international company culture: push-up sessions, jam sessions, and most importantly, a chance to meet the entire team during our famous work-retreats to e.g. Tenerife and Bali.