Director - CRM
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness and weight loss technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
We are seeking an energetic, creative and experienced Director, Customer Relationship Marketing, to join our talented team here at WW. We feel if our members don't succeed, neither do we. The Director will manage all direct acquisition and retention efforts for the WW B2C membership business. Position will lead a talented team of marketers and must have demonstrated leadership and people management experience.
The ideal candidate will approach the role strategically but also be willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Must have proven experience in developing, implementing, and optimizing B2C customer acquisition, retention and marketing programs. Needs to bring a "big picture" focus to the role and align with cross functional partners in order to grow the entire portfolio.
You will have direct hands-on ownership as well as cross-functional coordination with teams including Product and Technology. The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, a relentless focus on the customer and an innovation mindset. The right candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks.
- Drive WW subscriber growth through email, direct mail, site and response acquisition efforts; must meet/exceed sales and profit targets while managing costs
- Complex testing (lists, creative, segmentation, timing, offers) to new and rejoin subscriber segments
- Holistic campaigns created with in house agency partners
- Analyzing the effectiveness of marketing programs on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and provide ways in which the campaign can improve
- Manage direct reports to ensure successful execution of high volume acquisition, winback, triggered retention, e-newsletter, promotional email and direct mail programs
- Budget ownership for WW email and direct mail US activities
- Provide clear and concise monthly/quarterly/annual sales analysis and review of variance versus budgets, goals, and prior year results. Partner cross-functionally with other business team partners including Product, Technology, Operations, Finance to deliver effective initiatives and strategize new features and communications that drive customer acquisition of new members coming through WW own sites and mobile apps.
- Identify conversion marketing strategies and testing pipelines (A/B and multivariate) that will support acquisition of prospects into membership.
- Lead or partner with the analytics & insights teams on overall tracking, forecasting and communication of related success metrics as well as specific quantitative research that not only drives channel growth but also and delivers actionable data-driven insights to product developers and product marketers to fuel innovation and targeted messaging
- Monitor competitive behavior across digital platforms (web & mobile apps) to identify emerging trends, opportunities and potential threats to defend and grow market position
- Grow and lead a team of passionate digital marketing experts and effectively manage external partners in email, push, SMS and direct mail to drive membership and profitable growth.
- Champion and advocate for customer-centric marketing and CRM tools that enable world-class cross-functional collaboration and data-insights, a single view of the customer from prospect to customer service, and process productivity to drive business goals, and innovation.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters is preferred
- 7-10 years work experience in direct marketing with significant experience in online, email and direct mail channels
- Prior Management experience preferred
- Experienced in all aspects of database management, membership- based business models, email and direct marketing and segmentation. Campaign Management System and modeling experiences a plus.
- Must be able to constantly monitor results, quickly refine approaches accordingly, generate and quickly execute upon actionable recommendations based on the synthesis and analyses of data
- Experience with direct response consumer-led organization with a mix of agency and client side roles
- Experience with web/mobile analytics programs, i.e., Site Catalyst and A/B testing strategies and related programs, i.e., Test & Target / Optimizely/ SiteSpect etc.
- Strong digital marketing experience driving prospect acquisition, but with a solid understanding of the full customer lifecycle
- Strong problem-solving that combines a healthy balance of data-driven insights with intuition
- Strong analytical capability/experience in A/B and segmentation testing design and analysis.
- Experience with gathering and utilizing customer insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to influence across the organization and compiling and presenting key results and data to executive management
- Prior experience managing budgets with demonstrated financial, marketing, business analysis skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time/project management skills and the ability to muli-task
- Vendor/Agency management experience preferred
- Passionate about understanding the dynamics of influencing customer behavior and able to translate those findings into meaningful, prosperous long- term relationships
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.