Director, Influencer & Ambassador Marketing at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the world’s first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry and inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About the team:
The Influencer Marketing team is responsible for Rent the Runway’s paid influencer strategy and growing brand ambassador program, which both serve the dual purpose of being a key customer acquisition and storytelling channel for the brand. The mission of our team is to harness and ignite the organic virality of the brand. We work to reach and convert our target audience at scale by identifying influencers/ambassadors, activating our community, amplifying our brand story, and empowering new customers to experience the magic of RTR. Our team sits within the Brand organization and closely collaborates with the Brand & Content Strategy, Revenue, Creative, and Communications teams.About the job:
We are looking for a Director of Influencer Marketing to oversee the strategy, results, and talented team responsible for paid influencer and ambassador marketing. In 2021, you will have the opportunity to re-architect and rebuild the programs, timed with our brand’s reemergence from the COVID crisis. This role is truly 50% analytical and 50% creative. Our ideal candidate is a brand storyteller, culture maven, and community builder – while also being laser-focused on customer acquisition, comfortable with analysis and digging deep into data, and excited to find different growth levers to scale the channel efficiently. This role reports into the SVP, Brand and Customer Strategy.What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a robust paid influencer strategy to drive new customer acquisition and brand awareness, achieving an efficient CAC and amplifying key brand messaging and moments.
- Oversee outreach to and management of influencers (or brand partners) including contracts, deliverables, and overall thoughtful social media program management
- Reverse engineer virality by originating influencer campaign concepts that earn shares beyond the paid spend
- Build the strategy and programming for Rent The Runway’s Ambassador program to become a powerful and efficient acquisition channel, understanding the right mix of paid vs. non-paid to drive both scale and efficient CAC
- Implement a robust Test & Learn strategy to understand incentive and reward models, content creation and distribution models, and business strategy
- Develop operational plan to source thousands of new Ambassadors, growing the community nationally and engaging micro-communities across key markets, interests, and life stages
- Build the overarching program infrastructure, including program brand identity and messaging, rules of engagement, toolkits, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to integrate community features into Product roadmaps
- Build VIP Community Management that maintains relationships and communicates with our Ambassador network at scale
- Manage and mentor a high performing individuals to achieve your team’s goals
- You have a bachelor’s degree, plus 8+ years of relevant marketing experience and experience managing high-performing teams.
- You have demonstrated success in building & growing successful influencer marketing programs with efficient CAC.
- You are fearlessly creative. You are known as a problem solver. Faced with a seemingly impossible task, you’re known for coming up with radical, creative ideas for hitting your goals. You’re creative in the way you look at data, in the way you apply it tactically, and how you think about our long-term strategic vision.
- You are a brand & culture maven. You have your hand on the pulse of current and emerging social and digital trends. You are aware of the fashion, art, cultural zeitgeist, and the always changing influencer landscape. You have great taste and can quickly gauge the value of content, interactions, and creators. You are easily able to identify creators for the brand through a lens of inclusivity and diversity.
- You’re empathetic and a community builder. You are a true consumer advocate. You are naturally curious to deeply understand customers and what makes them tick. You are passionate and knowledgeable about how to build and nurture strong communities.
- You are growth-oriented and analytical. You love digging into the data to draw out key insights. You are skilled at leveraging data to tell impactful stories, make decisions and align executive stakeholders around your vision. You are comfortable with modeling and obsess over efficiency, CAC and LTV.
- You think strategically and tactically. You set broader strategic goals, and are able to break down the tactical execution and steps that need to be taken in order to achieve your goals. You get it done and have fun while doing it. You’re resourceful – you know how to take a small budget and make it go far
- You are a self-starter. You feel ownership over your domain. You are able to set a vision and drive your process forward; you push the envelope to bring new ideas to life and challenge the status quo. You can build strategy and execute soup-to-nuts. No job is too small or too big.
- You are a cross-functional collaborator. You work across teams seamlessly. You know how to rally people around a vision to get things done. Your colleagues love working with you -- you have an innate ability to move projects forward quickly, stay on top of details, and make people (at all levels) feel valued, respected and heard.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.