Director, Paid Media at Ready Set Rocket
Who We Are
Ready Set Rocket is a digital agency committed to connecting brands and consumers through innovative multi-channel experiences. You can find our offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We are a team of expert makers who collaborate closely and effectively to solve our client’s challenges. And it doesn’t stop there. We are relentless relationship builders, technological innovators and brand enthusiasts who continuously strive to improve and enhance our products and offerings to better serve our partners.
Ready Set Rocket offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible PTO, 401k contribution matching, paid family leave, gym membership reimbursement, and more. Ready Set Rocket was recognized for Best Agency Culture at the Ad Age Small Agency Awards.
What You'll Do
At RSR we have an opportunity for a seasoned Director of Paid Media to join our growing team. Do you possess expertise both across paid search and paid social? Have you worked on paid media for an e-commerce shop or run paid media for a retailer? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk to you.
In short, your role at RSR will be to:
- Lead RSR paid media engagements
- Help clients and team members understand the role of various paid media channels in achieving their objectives
- Set the foundational paid media strategy across channels and tactics
- Oversee Paid Search, Paid Social, and Display campaigns across client accounts and resources.
- Elevate the role of DMP and CDP usage across engagements.
- Help measure and articulate the story of media performance across the funnel
Keep in Mind: Direct response experience is more critical for RSR needs than broad awareness campaigns that are not measured all the way through conversion.
What You'll Contribute
- Develop short- and long-term digital advertising strategy for clients with the goal of driving new customer acquisition (revenue growth), brand engagement, and/or customer retention through prospecting and remarketing campaigns utilizing search, social, display, video, and mobile advertising tactics
- Manage and/or support teams in managing paid search, display, paid social, and other paid media channels
- Develop reporting frameworks for all client advertising and help put together weekly and monthly reports
- Own the relationship with channel partners (Google, FB, etc.)
- Manage the entire marketing deliverable cycle including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting
- Work with internal marketing team to generate weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports and dashboards, and recognize and troubleshoot data anomalies
- Ensure reporting provides an analysis of results and leads to performance insights that extend into optimization ideas
- Provide these results, insights, and optimization ideas to Accounts team in order to better support clients and elevate the relationship
- Work directly with Account team to help facilitate client meetings and provide online marketing expertise as needed
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and provide relevant insights to teams as to how they might affect client accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years experience managing paid search, paid social, display, and video, campaigns with a minimum budget of at least $100k+/month
- Currently employed as a Paid Media Manager or similar
- Agency experience preferred, with a demonstrated track record of success in the industry
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Experience with optimization of paid media campaigns to hit CPA, ROI and engagement goals
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics, experience with additional platforms preferred
- Expert knowledge of Google AdWords and Bing Ads
- Expert knowledge of Facebook Business Manager (Ads Manager, Power Editor)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience creating reports and recommendations based on account performance
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, analytical, detail-oriented and organized
- Strong overall Digital Marketing knowledge, with a hunger to learn more
- Experience in prioritizing competing priorities and the ability to meet client deadlines with accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required