Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for our positioning and consumer messaging in all areas of the customer and product experience. You will work at the intersection of product, sales, go to market, marketing and creative teams to:
- Develop Orchard’s positioning and key value propositions based on customer insights and research
- Drive messaging across our product and consumer experience
- Deliver high-impact content to support each stage of the customer journey
- Optimize and distribute customer feedback touchpoints to ensure all teams are empowered to deliver our industry-leading customer experience
We’re looking for a strategic, experienced, and collaborative product marketing leader who has a passion for storytelling and enjoys crafting positioning and content that communicate the value of our product to our customers. You’ll serve as the voice of the customer to ensure our positioning is relevant and effective and that our customers have the information they need through their customer journey.
The ideal candidate is a strong written and verbal communicator; possesses a passion for customer research; excels at distilling complex processes into simple, digestible concepts; a strong cross-functional collaborator; has a great mix of business judgment and creative problem-solving skills; and is passionate about improving the customer experience. This role will lead a team of 1-2 direct reports.
This role reports to the SVP Marketing and will be based out of our growing New York office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Work closely with product, marketing, and sales teams on positioning, messaging, channel strategy, and execution
- Create and optimize messaging to clearly set customer expectations and communicate Orchard’s value to customers at each stage of the customer journey
- Conduct and leverage customer research to define Orchard’s core value propositions for customers and identify opportunities to improve messaging
- Partner closely with sales and marketing teams to develop and refine customer talking points and marketing collateral including sales decks, service overviews, one-pagers, etc.
- Partner closely with product to develop messaging for Orchard’s digital product experiences
- Incorporate feedback from user interviews, customer surveys, and internal teams to continuously improve our customer experience, reducing points of friction and identifying moments for delight
We’d Love to Hear From You if You:
- Have 7+ years of product marketing or other relevant experience at a fast-growing company
- Possess a customer first mentality, and are constantly thinking about how to create raving fans
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and are able to distill complex processes into clear summaries
- Excel at cross-functional collaboration, and are comfortable working with many teams and sometimes wearing many hats
- Are scrappy with a no-task-too-small mindset and able to effectively manage multiple projects and timelines
- Exhibit a bias for action with a desire to make an impact every single day
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.