Event Planner at SIMON
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. We are currently operating remotely, and will transition to a flexible and hybrid model later this year.
We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic Event Manager to lead our firm’s involvement in conferences, meetings, webinars, and networking/social events that enhance our organization's reputation, strengthen client relationships, and create new business opportunities. As SIMON’s Event Manager, you will be tasked with all aspects of planning, from start to finish, for external, client-facing events that the firm wishes to participate in, sponsor or host. You will collaborate with key stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Compliance and Management to ensure the firm maximizes its event opportunities while staying within budget, resource, and time constraints. As an expert project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques that align with the corporate brand personality, you must demonstrate exceptional communication and organizational skills so as not to leave anything to chance. Your creativity and vision, coupled with pragmatic decisions and streamlined processes, should propel our business strategy and extend our reach to target audiences.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Build and update annual events calendar, sourcing new ideas and managing to budget
- Liaise with event contacts at industry organizations and partner firms to negotiate sponsorship deals, as well as secure and provide necessary details and deliverables
- Research, obtain quotes and present ideas to internal team for venues and suppliers; negotiate terms and finalize contracts
- Lead strategy and implementation plan for SIMON-hosted annual conference
- Manage attendee and speaker logistics, in-person or virtual
- Oversee all aspects of exhibiting, including design, ordering, shipping, storage and tracking of booth and promotional items
- Travel to events, as needed, across the U.S. to support registration, exhibiting, booth staffing and/or entertainment logistics
- Partner with marketing team to develop promotional content to attendees pre- and post-event
- Manage registration and attendee lists and feed into CMS for sales follow-up
- Oversee expense/invoice management for all event-related costs
- Lead recurring internal team meetings to discuss/brainstorm event opportunities, share updates, and gather feedback
- Conduct post-event evaluation/surveys and deliver reporting and analysis to management
- Facilitate accreditation for speaker presentations as necessary
What We’re Looking For
- 5–10+ years of event management experience; preferably targeting B2B in the financial services or technology sector
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Marketing, Hospitality Management or related field is preferred
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills with a natural ability to cultivate relationships across all levels at the firm and with partners and customers in the industry
- Outstanding project management experience coupled with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and negotiation ability
- Proficient in event management software, MS Office, Salesforce, Webex Events
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Performance-driven and results oriented
- Comfort juggling a variety of tasks with limited supervision
- Self-starter who proactively identifies gaps and provides solutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup working culture
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.