Field Marketing Manager at Merrill Corporation
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Corporation is seeking an accomplished Field Marketing Manager to develop and execute programs that will accelerate revenue and customer acquisition in the Americas region. As a key member of a dynamic, nimble marketing team, you will work directly with the Senior Director of Field Marketing and Events and the Americas sales team, as well as the corporate marketing team, to advance and support end-user marketing activities, plan, and coordinate demand generation marketing activities in the region. The position interfaces with the sales management team while reporting to the Senior Director of Field Marketing and Events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define, communicate and execute overall marketing plan for the region, inclusive of each sub-territory to achieve the goals for pipeline generation, awareness and event marketing.
- Contribute to and manage marketing, branding and lead generation programs and measure effectiveness to drive the region's opportunity pipeline sourced from Marketing and Sales.
- Be the focal point, manager and facilitator of all marketing communications and activities that support achieving desired results.
- Manage the regional marketing budget by aligning investments to sales targets and goals.
- Design, execute and track the ROI of field marketing programs that create awareness, generate and expedite sales opportunities
- Manage execution of field marketing activities including events, trade shows, and any other type of field-related marketing event.
- Work with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com to report on and review ROI on all activities.
- Establish clear and consistent communication to the regional sales leadership and sales teams.
- Develop and drive marketing best practices, prospecting tools, creative turnkey lead generation programs, and integrated promotions.
- Strong understanding of B2B field marketing programs.
- Proven success in planning and executing programs within region.
- Proven track record in field marketing for an organization selling into enterprise and mid-market accounts.
- Experience in executing demand generation programs such as seminars, email, webinar, events and online campaigns.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated; strong ability to problem solve, think strategically, and execute tactically.
- Excellent people and relationship-building skills to interact with colleagues, regional teams, and vendor partners.
- Data focused and proven experience in managing ROI analysis.
- Possesses strong analytical, process, project management, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Confident utilizing (and learning new) marketing technologies, analytics and events platforms.
- Can effectively communicate value propositions and drive initiatives across diverse audiences.
Minimum Education / Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent marketing and/or sales experience
- 2-5 years B2B marketing experience (enterprise software, SaaS, regional marketing experience a plus)
- Ability to lift/carry +/- 40 pounds for occasional event set-up and load-in/load-out
- Travel (within the Americas): 20%
- New York City-based role