Head of Global Communications
JW Player, one of New York’s fastest-growing and most innovative tech companies is seeking a passionate leader to develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy. This is a highly visible position in a dynamic, fast-paced, and creative environment. Candidates should have extensive storytelling experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to manage a complex range of initiatives across the organization, including product innovations, development of a employer brand, strategic partnerships, and investor relations.
The ideal candidate must be able to balance tactical details such as media pitching and relations, while also developing an internal and external communications strategy that supports JW Player’s market leader position and successful achievement of business goals.
- Develop storylines, pitch and secure media coverage to put a spotlight on the Company’s role as an innovative leader and valuable technology partner for publishers, broadcasters and digital marketers.
- Work with the CEO and senior management team to translate vision into a communications and thought leadership strategy.
- Deliver meaningful and quantifiable results via media coverage, executive briefings, awards submissions, and speaking opportunities.
- Leverage strong relationships with key journalists, influential bloggers, industry professionals and other leading opinion-makers to build media profile for company.
- Be primary executive counselor on communications matters. Guide, oversee and prepare executives and employees who are representing Company.
- Develop creative communications strategies that drive revenue and lead to key partnerships, sponsorships and opportunities for the JW Player brand.
- Work closely with our Product, Engineering and Account Management teams to uncover stories and generate positive and substantial coverage among target media segments.
- Lead the implementation of a global employee communications platform designed to create clarity and excitement about the direction of the Company.
- 5+ years of experience in a technology-driven startup in the B2B SaaS space.
- Skilled at using all communications channels – from traditional PR to new, emerging ‘owned’ and social platforms – to shape a compelling narrative and reach and connect with multiple audiences.
- Record of developing broad and deep relationships with news media and other influencers within high-impact networks and communities.
- Proven ability to create communications strategies that drive the business and meet financial objectives.
- Ability to function as both a team player and team builder who can excel in a fast-paced environment where excellence is rewarded.
- Innate understanding of entrepreneurial/technology business culture, a creative spark and fresh thinking to this role.
- Has demonstrated transparency and consistency of communication with employees.
- Upbeat, charismatic executive that possesses very strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Performance and deadline-driven, balancing a strong strategic vision with an ability to master and execute the details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or relevant experience.
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.