Head of Marketing
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Simon Data is seeking a Head of Marketing to lead all marketing activity for the business - including demand generation, branding, thought leadership, and product marketing. This is a critical hire, and the role will report directly to the SVP, Growth. Beyond the core tactical elements of the job, the ideal candidate is encouraged to contribute strategically to the overall direction of the company’s growth.
Simon Data has grown quickly through a focus on Sales and is now looking for a marketing leader who can use in-market traction to drive effective storytelling and fuel growth via inbound leads.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team to conduct the full spectrum of marketing activities across demand generation, brand and product marketing, and PR
- Build, maintain, and execute a strategic marketing plan with clear and measurable goals, coordinating cross-functional support, and driving data-centric accountability
- Liaise with Sales, Product, and Client Solutions to drive strategic, cross-functional initiatives
- Take charge of Simon’s story, ensuring that all communications — including PR, sales materials, newsletters, white papers, recruiting materials, and all other content — have cohesive messaging and are on-brand
- Coordinate market feedback to the Product team; track “common wisdom” within the marketing technology space, aligning with Simon’s value proposition.
- Lead, develop and grow the marketing team – recruiting, on-boarding, empowering, and mentoring employees to deliver outstanding results
- 8+ years experience in marketing. High-level management consulting can also comprise a portion of the candidate’s background (e.g. Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc); experience with early stage technology companies a major plus.
- Experience implementing and deploying marketing automation solutions; familiarity with the larger landscape of marketing automation.
- Intuitive sense of positioning; experience deploying and enforcing messaging discipline across a high-growth company.
- Independent, proactive, driven; understands how to drive end-business value via tactical execution.
- Strong familiarity with data - e.g. Google Analytics, Looker, Excel; SQL not necessary but a bonus.
- Deep understanding of marketing technology and ad tech - ideally in a buying role.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.