Head of Marketing at Summer
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We are a Certified B Corporation® as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, QED Investors, and Flourish Ventures.
Summer is seeking an experienced, results-oriented marketer to drive growth across Summer’s products—initially targeting paying partners to help their members and employees navigate student loan repayment. You will have the opportunity to grow and lead Summer’s marketing team as we scale our student loan borrower user base and serve our paying partners.
More specifically, you will:
- Elevate Summer’s brand and develop creative marketing campaigns advancing Summer’s B2B2C business model
- Implement cost-effective customer acquisition strategies across multiple channels, including content, partnerships, SEO, and paid acquisition
- Optimize our online touch points, including landing pages, to drive conversion from account creation to repayment plan enrollment
- Collaborate with our data team to track and measure channel and campaign KPIs
Recommended Experience + Skills
- 9+ years of relevant marketing experience, including some combination of B2B2C, B2B, and B2C channels
- Understanding of marketing needs for complex digital products
- Track record of delivering user growth via digital channels
- Ability and desire to contribute on both execution and strategy
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day: empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!
Summer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.