Head of Organic Search
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment within a disruptive marketplace. Well positioned as a disruptive leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world including images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for a broad, expanding customer base creating new opportunities for our global audience segments. We are also one of the largest sites in the world with hundreds of millions of pages and tens of millions of visitors each month.
Life at our headquarters in New York and working with our offices around the world is fast-paced and demanding, but it’s fun. As a public company, we expect to meet and exceed our targets to achieve success for our teams and the company. We foster product innovation and entrepreneurial thought processes through a startup-like environment.
As Head of Organic Search, you will be responsible for customer acquisition from our organic channels. You will work with our CMO and GM eCommerce Images to create a comprehensive strategy and roadmap, encompassing initiatives across SEO, content marketing, and product. You will prioritize these initiatives based on data and opportunity size.
Your specific responsibilities will be:
- Use data to identify opportunities, prioritize initiatives and optimize efforts to drive customer acquisition growth across SEO and Content Marketing
- Analyze key market trends and incorporate these insights into the ongoing roadmap, and communicate key changes with cross-functional teams
- Manage Director of SEO and SEO Analyst to constantly improve our SEO performance and execute against our SEO roadmap, including:
- Optimize SEO on page content, landing pages and blog content
- Identify and communicate SEO improvements on site to product teams
- Manage SEO testing and experimentation to measure incrementality of changes
- Work with our Content Marketing team to identify opportunities for content generation that will drive traffic, authority and brand awareness
- Develop growth opportunities through content marketing that is strongly aligned with SEO and customer-focused pieces
- Identify top keywords that drive business value and then strategic and tactical approaches to improve ranking and conversion rate through landing page optimizations, content marketing, landing pages, etc.
- Drive alignment with all cross-functional teams, including performance marketing, CRM/email, PR, and other product and engineering teams
- Work with our CRM team to identify opportunities to drive activity from users via email channels
- Work with Product Growth team to prioritize top organic optimizations and general performance improvements
- Measure incremental value of all growth initiatives either through testing, experimentation, or other data-driven approaches
- Collaborate with our CMO, GM eCommerce Images and other Marketing channel leads to set and execute against quarterly team goals
- Demonstrate thought leadership in media and content marketing, the broader online ecosystem, and competitive landscape
Success in this role means developing marketing initiatives that drive the following KPIs:
- Improved ranking and engagement of top keywords and searches
- Growth in qualified traffic
- New customer acquisition and conversion from organic channels
- Customer engagement with our products and retention
- Higher customer lifetime value
- Will be able to drive both strategy and execution
- Will tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership.
- Are analytical and creative with experience in high-growth e-commerce environments
- Have a passion for and are energized by the creative, advertising and media industry
- Are highly collaborative, working effectively and efficiently with all functions
- Have a background driving successful product launches and customer acquisition / retention strategies
- 10+ years of experience in SEO, organic search traffic, and content marketing
- Experience running a content marketing team focused on SEO content
- Experience in online marketing, including performance marketing channels like search, display and affiliate
- Experience with SEO platforms and tools as well as technical expertise on site optimizations
- Experience in international and mobile SEO
- Experience with fundamentals of eCommerce analysis like funnel performance and measurement tools like Google Analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience presenting to executive teams and large audiences.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V