Inside Advertising Sales Representative
The New York Daily News is seeking a driven advertising sales representative to join our team!
This position will perform outbound sales calls including cold calling, lead follow up and sales qualification to develop a portfolio of buying customers and meet and/or exceed daily outbound call quotas. Builds rapport with customers by probing for needs and recommending appropriate solutions. This position is also responsible for meeting monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives while ensuring optimum customer experience and satisfaction.
- Drives revenue growth through full sales cycle from new business prospecting to closing a high volume of sales deals.
- Identifies new prospects that result in new business revenue in addition to growing existing customer accounts within their assigned territory and/or product.
- Contacts prospects/leads/accounts via telephone in order to persuade them to either buy a product or service as well as customer assistance with the eCommerce tool
- Engages decision makers in conversations regarding product or service; obtain and record information about potential customers, use to induce a sale/set an appointment.
- Provides solutions/recommendations & up-sell products utilizing superior product knowledge. Accountable for meeting and exceeding assigned revenue goals and targets.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Understand and articulate our value propositions and full portfolio of offerings through inside sales channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred; one year plus advertising/media inside sales experience required
- Ability to maintain and manage a territory base
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities
- Talented lead generation specialist with a proven track record of developing qualified leads through outbound calling
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Industry and market knowledge a plus, print, digital, and mobile platform knowledge and skills preferred
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service, problem solving, time management and financial business acumen skills
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Research and build a database of potential leads or existing clients
- Motivated, persuasive and consultative with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment