Lead SEO Strategist at Policygenius
About the role…
Policygenius is looking for an experienced SEO Strategist with a proven track record of growing organic traffic and improving keyword rankings to join the team. Reporting to the Head of SEO, this role will be responsible for driving our organic search traffic and revenue growth in insurance and personal finance product verticals through comprehensive SEO content planning, and SEO campaign execution.
In this role, you will…
- Lead a team of specialists and own SEO results for one of our largest product verticals
- Conduct end-to-end keyword research, search theme analysis, content structuring, and keyword-content mapping for key product categories, sub-categories, and personal finance topics.
- Use research and analytical insights to inform content planning, ideation, and creation.
- Design, implement, and strengthen topically focused content sections to improve SEO performance and user engagement.
- Perform on-page optimization and re-optimization for key content sections as needed. Responsibilities may include:
- Keyword-content mapping / remapping decisions.
- Content restructuring / copy revision / content redesign recommendations.
- Optimization of page title, URL, meta tags, heading, and alt text tags, etc.
- Optimization of internal linking structure and anchor text.
- Use SEO content optimization tools and web analytics to track content projects and improve their performance.
- Support other SEO initiatives, such as:
- Technical SEO projects.
- Competitor analysis.
- Content for link acquisition projects.
- Implementation of site audit recommendations.
- Page template optimization.
- Global meta tag rules.
- New page template design.
- Site migration
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years of solid content SEO experience, preferably with established online content publishers or search agencies that serve such publishers (SEO experience in financial services or other YMYL industry verticals is a plus).
- You have managed 2+ team members within SEO teams
- You are highly experienced in keyword research, search theme analysis, and SEO content planning in general. In particular, you are well versed in content hub design and the optimization of hub linking structures.
- You have hands-on experience in other aspects of SEO, from on-page optimization, technical audit, to off-page link acquisition.
- You are proficient in SEO industry tools, such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, DeepCrawl, Moz Tools, Majestic SEO, and Google Keyword Planner, etc.
- You are comfortable building presentations and fluent in Excel/Sheets, and you have good working knowledge of Google Analytics. (Experience in Tableau a plus).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can build strong relationships with partners, ranging from Content, Product, Engineering, to UX teams.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!