Manager, Brand Marketing (B2C & B2B Strategy) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Grubhub Brand Marketing team is looking for an ambitious Manager of Brand Marketing with proven experience in building brand strategy and in developing brand campaigns that have created a deep emotional connection with customers, while also driving bottom-line business impact. This Brand Manager will be responsible for advocating existing B2C brand strategy while also leading new brand developmental work to support Grubhub’s B2B business (Restaurants, Drivers). From a B2C perspective, this role will continue to build and amplify existing brand strategy across key marketing initiatives, working collaboratively with Brand and growth marketing teams to execute with excellence.. From a B2B perspective, the Manager will analyze customer intelligence data to devise new brand positioning and create campaign strategy executable across all relevant B2B channels.
This role requires an individual who excels at brand strategy development, insight analytics, cross-functional team collaboration and campaign building and measurement. The ideal candidate is an eloquent storyteller, a creative thinker, and a problem solver, embracing an entrepreneurial spirit. Business success for this role will be measured at every funnel level: increased awareness, improved brand engagement, and positive growth trends in key brand health metrics over time.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Devise and execute an integrated marketing strategy that grows Grubhub’s B2B business. Continue to cultivate the unique positioning and differentiation of both the Grubhub & Seamless brands.
- Advocate for brand strategy and sell-in to key internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Leverage market & competitive intelligence, consumer insights, and quantitative and qualitative research to craft audience, creative, and marketing campaign strategies.
- Set quarterly Objectives/Key Results (OKRs) based on big-picture marketing and company goals, then execute against these OKRs and track/measure performance.
- Test new channels, new processes or new strategies to identify effective and efficient levers for brand and business growth.
- Serve as the primary point of contact across all third-party agencies/partners, and internal partners (Product, Design, Creative, Communications, Restaurants/Drivers Ops, Marketing, Growth, and Strategy & Analytics).
You Should Have
- 6-8 years of experience in building a consumer and/or B2B brand and growing consumer products / services, with expertise in strategy, marketing, research / insights, branding; advertising agency is a plus
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s in Business Administration a plus
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- Deep knowledge of different marketing channels and effective methods for driving brand metrics and business growth; including digital, product, OOH, media, advertising, etc
- Proven track record of developing holistic B2B and/or B2C campaigns steering the strategic direction, briefing, research, and team management of the production process
- Proven track record of excellent project management, including managing roles and responsibilities, building consensus among cross-functional stakeholders, timeline tracking, execution and measurement
- Multi-year experience in consumer branding and market segmentation
- Multi-year experience working with creative and production teams, with insight into respective processes
- Multi-year experience managing a cross-functional team, ability to foster a positive team environment
- Experience in tech a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze large volumes of data from multiple sources
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint are a must)
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and time management
- Bring a strong passion for our mission, excitement for the company, and pragmatism to the execution
- Eagerness to learn and grow professional expertise via internal and external resources
- Risk-taker: you’re excited to experiment with different marketing campaigns and are not afraid of having many of them fail
- Self-starter: You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment. You are resourceful, able to use what you have to get the job done
- Relationship-builder: You can influence and motivate people at all levels, both internally and externally, across a variety of job functions
- Naturally curious and creative: You always look for ways to innovate and improve. You are curious about the consumer, eager to learn about cultural trends and consumer behavior.
- Problem solver: You can independently translate high-level goals or challenges into actionable plans and tasks
- Scrappy: You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful. You are ready and willing to adapt based on strategy evolution or leadership priorities.
- Brand Advocate: You exhibit an authentic passion for the brand and represent the brand voice internally and externally.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.