Manager, Product Marketing & Customer Strategy
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has fiv retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.About the Team:
The Product Marketing & Customer Strategy team focuses on bringing to the “closet-less future” to life by delivering powerful customer insights, product strategy, and go to market plans. We sit within the Product & Technology organization, but we collaborate with our tech and business partners throughout the company. Our mission is to keep the organization navigating in the short and long term towards our ‘customer north star,’ while also helping guide the organization to know when to let the customer lead our vision and when to have our vision lead the customer.About the Role:
We’re looking for an innovative, strategic, customer-obsessed marketer to join the Product Marketing & Customer Strategy team. In this highly cross-functional role, you’ll conduct primary customer research, influence the product roadmap, set go-to-market strategies, and represent the voice of the customer across Product, UX, Marketing, Revenue, Data Science, and CX/Operations. Of particular note, we are looking for someone who has an extraordinary and nuanced understanding of customer psychology. Your customer-centric mindset should be second nature to you, and you have a proven track record of delivering powerful insights and turning them into action. This role is perfect for someone who thrives at the intersection of Marketing, Product Strategy, Customer Insights, Customer Experience, and Content Strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development and execution of primary customer research, both qualitative and quantitative, as key inputs to product evaluation and development processes
- Drive packaging and cadence of voice of the customer reporting and delivery of always-on insights to product and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and UX writers to create meaningful and human digital experiences
- Lead product development teams through customer journey mapping exercise using the “jobs to be done” framework
- Develop breakthrough go-to-market strategies for key product launches to ensure customers know the latest updates and help them make the most out of Rent the Runway
- Partner with UX team to do user testing during the product development process
- Partner with Data Science and leaders from business and product teams to create learning objectives and produce insights to drive actionable recommendations about the future of our service
- Serve as the key liaison to CX/Retail leadership to create strong messaging for our frontlines teams to take to our customers
- Conduct competitive research & external/cultural trend spotting
- You have 5+ years experience in product marketing, brand marketing, innovation, or research/insights roles at consumer companies. Prior experience conducting primary customer research a must.
- You have a deep and innate curiosity to understand people on a deeper level, and if given the chance, would love to talk to customers all day
- You are a customer experience junkie and passionate about creating great user experiences — you anticipate user needs and always advocate for them
- You are a natural design thinker and bring that mindset to all aspects of your work
- You can analyze user and performance data to establish clear measures of success and build compelling stories with data
- You are able to develop, execute, and communicate a long-term strategic vision, while also balancing immediate priorities and opportunities
- You’re a strong project manager and great cross-functional collaborator, able to give and get feedback from designers, product managers, writers, and marketers
- You possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- You are a self-starter and work independently on projects from start to finish
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization and enjoy working hard. You take initiative and are energized by challenges. You take pride in the quality of your work.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.