Manager, Social Media
The Trade Desk seeks a talented Social Media Manager to drive strategy, voice, community management and content distribution across all of our channels. This role will act as an operational lead for our social media channels and strategic and creative partner to our Head of Content.
This is a role that requires an experienced social expert and leader who feels strongly about The Trade Desk’s mission to fuel the growth of a better internet. You need to own these channels by believing in our team’s vision, executing our voice and championing our brand in a way that ties our social channel content back to our overall strategy.
We’re looking for someone who will take great pride and ownership in enhancing our social properties as distinct marketing channels for us to use to drive direct impact. You’ll help develop and hone our social distribution strategy and measurement tactics. You will test innovative approaches to maximize growth and impact, and partner closely with cross-functional teams like Creative, Digital, PR and Employment Branding.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the Head of Content, the Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and owning our social media strategy, voice and delivery. S/he will oversee all social channels and monitor each as a unique distribution channel. S/he will increase engagement, brand awareness and manage and grow our follower base through consistent and strategic content. This position works across the global marketing team and requires a high amount of team collaboration and communication.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Generate original and innovative content strategy for social channels, based on business needs, trends, consumer insights and analytics
- Act as a brand story-teller, edit and curate the brand voice across all channels - creatively adapt per medium
- Deep understanding of social media analytics and ability to translate data and performance to optimize content
- Implement new tactics to grow followers
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer and social audiences, and master our brand voice to convey key messages across channels
- Work closely with cross functional teams to build meaningful social media plans to support business initiatives and grow our channels
- Measure, analyze and report on goals and channel performance
- Fully manage all organic social channels and work closely with Paid Marketing team to inform overall strategy
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 6+ of professional experience and 3+ years at an agency or in-house working directly on social media marketing as a community manager, copywriter, or strategist; B2B Social marketing experience preferred.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent analytical skills to marry the quantitative with the qualitative
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to build compelling and impactful presentations and materials.
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels
- High level understanding of content and digital marketing across multiple mediums
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.