Squarespace is seeking a highly motivated Marketing Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping Marketing strategy and uncover opportunities for growth through analytics-driven recommendations and informed decision making. The scale and scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, and impactful questions.
In this role, you will work closely with all Marketing functions to drive growth and expand Squarespace’s user-base, from CRM to Go-to-Market to Communication to Product Marketing. You will serve as a central resource with ownership of multiple project lanes and support a wide variety of data-centric needs, from designing and delivering reporting, to campaign experiment design, to data-driven guidance on content and communication strategy. You will also work closely with our Data Science, Data Engineering, FP&A, and Product teams, partnering with your counterparts to surface insights and provide actionable recommendations that directly impact our business across the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to support a diverse set of strategic initiatives with the common goal of growing and engaging our user base, then this role is right for you.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Partner cross-functionally across the business to support marketing initiatives and growth goals, report on performance, determine measurement approaches, generate actionable insights, and set analytical strategy for new challenges
- Ownership of data pipelines, including researching, validating, and maintaining data to enrich and enhance marketing data assets
- Own and expand existing dashboards and reporting, surface insights to business users and democratize data access that empower teams to better understand and act on data and key metrics
- Perform deep dive and exploratory analyses on large volumes of data; extract, package and present insights and recommendations to stakeholders to inform marketing decisions
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and help support the teams in developing strategic solutions
- 4+ years experience in a Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science or relevant data driven support role
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, experience with Python, BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Tableau) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion and transformation.
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Experience with developing analytical frameworks, metrics to measure ongoing business performance and understand key performance drivers
- Experience with experimental design and analysis
- Knowledge of digital media preferred
- Familiarity with web analytics packages and tracking platform preferred
- Ability to transform data into a digestible and presentable story based on the audience and confidence and expertise in communicating effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- Ability to drive impact by thoughtfully tackling open-ended problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.