Marketing Manager at SIMON
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to conceptualize, build and analyze effective marketing campaigns pertaining to SIMON's products and platform which drive financial advisor engagement within our core broker-dealer channel.
As a Marketing Manager, you are expected to understand the business needs of various segments of financial advisors, the features and benefits of the financial products (structured investments, annuities, defined outcome ETFs) we represent, the capabilities and application of our evolving tech platform, along with market and regulatory forces that impact our industry. You will collaborate with key stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Platform Solutions, and Compliance, as well as external home office partners, to lead and execute a vast number of scalable, creative, and customized campaigns across multiple communication channels. Designed to increase awareness and usage of our platform among financial advisors within select networks, the campaigns you run will be aligned with and measured against strategic growth initiatives and goals of the firm.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Collaborate with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of existing and new product and platform features, as well as project timelines
- Develop relationships with relevant client contacts and participate in ongoing discussions to jointly design or proactively introduce and schedule marketing programs tied to new launches, educational resources, webinars, platform updates and user conversion campaigns
- Expertly navigate our email marketing and automation platform to deploy a consistent and high-volume stream of communications geared towards targeted audience(s) culled from our sales database
- Work with cross-functional teams to utilize on-platform tools to push notifications, emails and pop-ups to specific users which convey timely information aligned with marketing campaigns
- Deliver and distribute multi-format content (collateral, videos, presentations, etc.), customized by firm, to help educate and guide platform users on available capabilities, functionality and resources
- Measure and communicate campaign performance, and devise strategies to enhance future engagement results
- Identify opportunities to accelerate output, enhance processes and deliver greater efficiency for yourself and the team
What We're Looking For
- 5-10+ years of B2B product marketing experience in the investment management and/or fintech sector
- Must have strong knowledge of various types of financial investments and markets (preferably in the risk-managed solutions or alternative investment space)
- Prior experience working with sales/distribution teams and financial advisors preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- FINRA Series 7 licensed or ability to pass exam within 6 months of hire
- Highly proficient in Office applications, enterprise-level email marketing automation platforms (i.e. Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua) and CRMs (i.e. Salesforce)
- Top-notch written communication skills; can craft creative, articulate, and engaging messaging for multiple marketing mediums
- A client and user-centric mindset that thinks about the end-to-end experience and fulfilling intended audience needs
- Analytical and data-driven when it comes to identifying target segments, measuring performance metrics and meeting KPIs
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills, and strong ability to cultivate relationships with colleagues, partners, and clients
- Excellent project management skills with acute attention to accuracy and quality
- Comfort juggling a variety of tasks with limited supervision
- Self-starter who proactively identifies gaps and provides solutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fast-growing startup culture
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City's Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021. This position can accommodate a remote or hybrid work environment.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON's intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions-Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.