Marketing SEO Strategist
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better Opportunity:
Better.com is seeking a growth-oriented, highly strategic, and analytical SEO strategist to join our team. You will be responsible for contributing to various aspects of SEO including content strategy, technical improvements, onsite optimization, measurement and performance reporting. In this role, you will provide guidance on organic traffic growth, partnering closely with the acquisition, content, product and marketing team. You will identify opportunities for improvement within SEO, comfortable with a range of tools and keeping a pulse on all of the latest industry trends. We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker with an analytical mind, and passionate about creating an amazing user experience for visitors to the site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and evolve SEO strategies, which include keyword targeting, content strategy, technical improvements, and competitive analysis
- Help advocate for SEO best practices and adoption by core cross-functional teams, including content, marketing, product, engineering, and creative teams
- Actively contribute to and drive new initiatives and content
- Monitor organic search metrics and report on progress, key learnings, and new opportunities
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Well structured and can break down complex problems/opportunities in specific actionable drivers, can generate and test various hypotheses and align stakeholders
- Can think strategically to identify and prioritize various strategic initiatives.
- Has high energy and a ‘go getter’ attitude to make quick decisions and drive execution with little oversight. Should be motivated to work in fast paced and exponentially growing environment
- Should able to build strong cross functional relationships and act a thought partner for various stakeholders
- Is highly data driven and analytical to define and monitor OKRs and KPIs.
What you bring:
- 2-3 years of experience in both technical and content SEO. Previous fin-tech experience a plus
- Demonstrated track record of delivering organic traffic related outcomes that move the needle on key company metrics
- Strong analytical skills to review data, interpret results, and turn insights into actionable and measurable strategies
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Adwords , Google Search Console or any other Technical SEO tool
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop relationships with key stakeholders
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.