Marketing Specialist, Brand
The Squarespace Media & Acquisition team is known for pioneering work across digital, traditional and emerging channels. We combine the highest impact brand efforts with surgical deployment of performance tactics to grow Squarespace’s influence among designers, artists, businesses and people hoping to enhance their digital identities. Now, we are seeking a passionate, creative, and broadly experienced marketer to join us as a Channel Strategist. You will apply your natural curiosity and drive for continuous improvement to make a direct impact on the business.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detailed, and has a keen ability to determine which growth opportunities are great versus good. You are equally comfortable working autonomously or collaborating with a team. You enjoy solving open-ended problems and organizing hundreds of possibilities into a powerful and actionable plan. Design is important at Squarespace, and we’re looking to hire someone who takes pride in every pixel—whether on a spreadsheet, or a major advertising placement. This position is based in our NYC headquarters.
- Manage relationships with current and future vendors and digital publishers (OOH, online radio, new channel discovery)
- Surface, evaluate, and execute new partnership opportunities with creators in verticals such as gaming, music, and small business
- Develop and design powerful marketing plans and strategies across several marketing channels, balancing meticulous preparation with frequent iteration and optimization
- Apply paid media strategies and cutting-edge advertising technology to drive subscriber growth for Squarespace
- Negotiate contracts of various shapes, sizes, and spend levels
- Report regularly on campaign effectiveness; recommend strategies and tactics for moving the business forward
- Identify and present on opportunities to both grow existing efforts, as well as expand into uncharted territory
- 3-5 years experience in performance driven marketing
- Expertise in a range of paid media channels both traditional and digital
- Familiarity with / curiosity about emerging channels and technology
- Boldness to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, balancing independent thought with collaboration
- Ability to identify and negotiate partnerships across digital channels
- Analytical mindset ; sufficient Excel skills to analyze campaign data for actionable and timely optimizations, and to build reports for measuring ad effectiveness
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Self-motivation, confidence, and intellectual curiosity
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.