Marketing Strategist - Media & Acquisition (Podcast and Affiliate) at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a self-motivated, passionate and forward thinking Media Strategist to help grow our podcast and affiliate marketing channels. The strategist will be working to plan and execute podcast campaigns and affiliate partnerships with an emphasis on extracting data-driven insights and making analytical optimizations. Our team collaborates across marketing and analytics to deliver on both team and company goals.
The Media Strategist will take the lead on planning, implementing, optimizing, and reporting out both high-impact channels. They will work in partnership with our many direct partners on podcast and our affiliate agency and tech platform. They will work closely with the rest of this team to establish high-level business goals that will inform the framework of their campaigns. They will have access to stakeholders across multiple departments that rely on insights to inform business decisions.
Based in our NYC headquarters, this position reports to the Podcast and Affiliate Team Lead.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Lead planning, pacing, reporting and campaign management of large-scale campaigns
- Negotiate rates and build relationships with partners across both channels
- Run in-depth analysis to understand performance and propose optimization strategies and opportunities in order to drive growth
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to inform campaign strategy and identify testing opportunities
- Stay ahead on industry trends and evolution and present compelling test opportunities
- 3-5 years of hands-on media planning/buying experience; experience in podcasts or with Impact Radius is a plus
- Strategic thinker who can connect their tasks to the higher level goals of their team & organization
- Considers and implements ways of measuring effectiveness for recommended media
- Capable of working autonomously and navigating ambiguity in order to find solutions for challenges
- Comfortable creating and interpreting reporting, with the ability to translate analysis and findings to manager
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to consistently perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment as an individual on a team
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.