Media Relations Manager at Policygenius
About the role...
The Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand — and fun to read about! The Media Relations Manager will work to drive press coverage for Policygenius, while promoting its content, products, services, business leaders and in-house experts. This role will report to the Associate Director of Media Relations.
In this role, you will…
- Identify media opportunities and secure coverage for Policygenius in all types of media, including broadcast, print and digital channels
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Media Relations to produce high-quality, informative and attention-getting press releases and related materials
- Develop and manage relationships with journalists, partners and other external contacts
- Identify media opportunities and speaking engagements for our team of in-house experts
- Help manage and grow a system for media outreach to encourage aggregation of our articles
- Establish, track and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
We'd love to hear from you if…
- You have a strong writing and communication skills, particularly in writing press releases and pitches to reporters that garner coverage
- You possess a keen instinct for recognizing newsworthy stories and pitching angles that aren’t immediately obvious
- You have at least 3+ years experience in media/public relations, communications, journalism or similar field
- You're able to cultivate and manage relationships with members of the media; established relationships with journalists at top-tier outlets a plus
- You are obsessive about attention to detail and have strong organizational skills
- Excitement about joining a fast-growing startup
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!