Media Strategist, Paid Search
Squarespace’s Media & Acquisition team is looking for a Strategist to optimize, elevate, and expand our paid search programs. We are looking for a creative, results-driven marketer with both deep expertise in search and a desire to be part of a full-funnel, collaborative media team. Our team is both rigorous and experimental, focused on data-driven marketing while also taking big bets on exciting opportunities, and we seek team members who can deliver on both in a fast-paced environment. If you are excited by data, passionate about finding new audiences, devoted to flawless execution, and motivated to continuously improve, we’d love to meet you.
This role is based in our New York headquarters and reports to the Media & Acquisition Manager.
- Plan, optimize, and scale paid search campaigns across all major engines
- Monitor performance and optimize efficiency across several accounts and thousands of keywords
- Recommend strategies and tactics for moving the business forward, from the traditional to the highly experimental; define, implement, and interpret an ongoing testing agenda
- Interpret searcher intent and draft creative that will resonate with the audience, increase engagement, align with our brand voice and ultimately generate subscription growth.
- Collaborate across media channels to maximize the value of search data, audiences, and insights
- Partner with our analytics team to conduct multi-touch performance analysis and better understand the role of search in the customer journey
- 3-5 years experience as a media planner/buyer in performance-driven paid search marketing
- Experience working in all of the following: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, AdWords Editor, Bing Ads, Yahoo Gemini
- Deep understanding of performance tracking and ROI analysis; you should be very comfortable working in Excel and building reports for measuring ad effectiveness
- Structured thinking and strong ability to communicate plans and performance to multiple audiences
- Self-motivation and keen eye for detail
- Experience writing automation scripts and with bid management platforms is a plus
In your cover letter, tell us about a recent marketing campaign you thought did well and why.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.