About the role…
Policygenius is looking for a highly experienced On-page SEO Specialist to join the team. Reporting to the Head of SEO, this role will be responsible for driving our organic search traffic and revenue growth in key insurance product verticals, through comprehensive on-page optimization and re-optimization of our ever-growing content portfolio.
In this role, you will…
- Plan and execute on-page optimization and re-optimization projects for key insurance products to improve our organic search rankings, traffic and revenue. Key responsibilities include:
- Keyword-content mapping / remapping decisions.
- Content restructuring / copy revision / content redesign recommendations.
- Optimization of page title, URL, meta tags, heading, and alt text tags, etc.
- Optimization of internal linking structure and anchor text.
- Use SEO industry tools (e.g., SEMRush and Ahrefs, etc.) and web analytics to track on-page optimization projects and inform on-going re-optimization efforts.
- Perform weekly SEO performance analysis to report trends and identify issues.
- Provide project management support to cross-departmental SEO initiatives, such as:
- Implementation of site audit recommendations
- Site architecture optimization
- Page template optimization
- Global meta tag rules
- New page template design
- Site migration
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5 years of solid on-page SEO experience, preferably with established online content sites or search agencies that serve such sites.
- You have experience in SEO reporting, performance analysis, and project management.
- You have experience in the insurance / financial services industry.
- You are proficient in SEO industry tools, such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, DeepCrawl, Moz Tools, Majestic SEO, and Google Keyword Planner, etc.
- You are fluent in Excel/Sheets and you have good working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships with business partners, ranging from Content, Product, Engineering, to UX teams.
- You have strong project and time management skills - the ability to meet deadlines.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!