ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Provider Communications Coordinator to ensure our provider outreach processes are running smoothly and efficiently. You will play a key role in making sure communications across multiple channels (email, fax, phone, mail) go out to the right people at the right time. The qualified applicant should be able to perform routine tasks and processes while also connecting the dots between the different aspects of your work and making improvements where necessary.
The outcomes we’re looking for:
- Work closely with our operations team to coordinate automated omnichannel outreach (email, fax, phone, and mail)
- Contribute to and reference reporting dashboards, monitor trends, share actionable insights and make recommendations based on results
- Conduct research into issues related to your work; report those findings out to the operations team
- Monitor daily program automations and data processes; troubleshooting when necessary and improving when possible
- Offer insights to our product team to advise on product enhancements related to Provider Communications and adjust workflows to account for our changing technology
- Serve as a primary tester when new products related to your processes are being developed
- Take on and build out new processes as we expand our service offerings within the provider communications space
- Attention to detail: You’re able to spot issues and complete root cause analysis.
- Critical Thinking: We’re expecting you to challenge the way we do things and present new ideas for improvement, no matter how small the change is.
- Data Driven: You’re well-versed in Google Sheets; bonus points if you have experience manipulating large sets of data.
- Communication: You’re a clear communicator who can synthesize and explain complicated concepts.
- Inquisitive: You don’t let a fast pace of work or a complicated process stop you from asking questions and figuring out what is really going on.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an operations and/or process-driven role; experience with healthcare preferred (but not required)
- Experience with MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, HubSpot (CRM), etc.
- Intellectual curiosity, sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, and strength in creative and innovative thinking
- You have a strong analytical toolkit, including experience with Sheets, Excel, Tableau or other tools
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where flexibility and adaptability are key
To understand andros is to understand our namesake. Named for one of the largest barrier reefs on Earth, andros is a study in the vibrancy of interconnected ecosystems. On its own, a data point is meaningless — a single piece of coral adrift in an ocean. Yet when combined with millions of other points, connections form a structure suited for sustaining a spectrum of lifeforms. Our mission is to forge these bonds of disparate provider data points to build a foundation of information necessary to create dynamic, thriving healthcare networks.
The andros approach to creating healthcare networks focuses on depth of data. We use millions of data points to form a complete vision of the provider landscape, which enables us to find utility and meaning in this diverse information. This deep repository of data can then be used as a basis for credentialing, analyzing performance, and comparing individual providers to create the most vibrant health ecosystem possible.