Search Marketing Manager at NextGuest
We’re NextGuest Digital, the digital marketing agency that pioneered book-direct strategies for hundreds of hotels around the world. Since 2001, we’ve worked with global chains, independent boutique hotels, and non-hotel accommodations to drive more direct bookings through website design and digital marketing, from SEO, SEM, and online advertising to content, email, and social media marketing. We’re looking for a Search Marketing Manager to join the team in our New York office.
We all know that marketing is pay to play, but organic initiatives can be just as important for our roster of hotel clients, too. We’re looking for a Search Marketing Manager to oversee our SEM and SEO teams. You should be equally at ease creating, analyzing, and tracking paid-search marketing campaigns as you are advising on increasing organic website rankings. Here at NextGuest Digital, you’ll get to do it for some of the world’s most popular places to stay.
Responsibilities of a Search Marketing Manager include:
- Oversee our search marketing team of SEM and SEO specialists, including professional development and mentoring
- Oversee the creation, monitoring, and reporting of paid-search marketing campaigns
- Advise on the formulation of bidding and keyword strategies with major search engines
- Suggest technical and content tactics for increasing organic website rankings
- Partner with account managers in client-facing calls and meetings to convey search marketing strategies and opportunities directly to clients
- Lead NextGuest Digital’s paid search and SEO expertise, keeping the agency ahead of the curve and continually optimizing performance to grow our clients’ business
- Serve as an advisor, providing strategic insights and recommendations for all paid search marketing campaigns and SEO implementation across the client portfolio
- Drive departmental growth and revenue from SEM and SEO services
- Develop processes and big picture strategies – including the creation of SOPs, POVs, scope of work, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Remain current on the latest SEM and SEO trends, innovations, and best practices, and lead discussions internally and externally
- 5+ years of experience in SEM and SEO
- Bachelor Degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience in an agency environment and BrightEdge Certification are preferred
- Google AdWords and Google Search Console experience
- Experience with Adobe Media Optimizer/Adobe Analytics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate a business need or problem and provide strategic solutions
- Leadership qualities including the ability to train and motivate team members, enforce deadlines, and manage team bandwidth
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at a time and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate in a way that is clear, succinct, and easy to understand for clients and key internal stakeholders
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Casual office environment
- 401K benefits
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Quarterly team outings, from bowling to karaoke and river cruises
- Monthly team lunches
- Weekly happy hours
- Summer Fridays
- Commuter program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.