BerlinRosen is looking for a Senior Account Executive, Consumer Technology & Urban Innovation, to play a key role in a talented and growing team that has successfully entered multiple new business verticals.
Most of the candidate’s time will be working with major global technology and urban innovation / Smart Cities companies; helping them to meet a wide range of communications goals in a changing media environment. While working on issues with a technology and urban tech focus, the Senior Account Executive will produce content and work with clients to strategize and implement focused pitches.
This position is based in New York City.
Applicants should possess:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in strategic communications and campaigns
- Experience with technology or urban innovation companies. PA/PR agency experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in communications or public affairs strategy
- Proven media relations success and demonstrated relationships with technology reporters
- Strong news and political savvy and deep knowledge of the media covering urban innovation
- Excellent writing skills are a must (please note a writing assessment is required)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of company staff, clients, contractors, and the media
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Experience in a communications-related field
- A sense of humor!
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and our client is committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.