Senior Communications Manager at Blink Health
Blink Health is looking for a communications expert that will be responsible for translating our company and product stories into compelling narratives that engage and inspire audiences. The successful candidate will report to and partner with the Head of Growth Marketing, working closely with the brand, content, and product teams, as well as key leaders throughout the business. The role will be responsible for communications planning and execution that grows our awareness and demand across our B2C and B2B2C businesses. The successful candidate will design and manage a plan that empowers the Comms team to execute and deliver high quality communications outcomes across earned media channels.
At Blink Health You Will:
- Establish and execute against a communications plan that delivers high impact earned media moments that tell the company’s story in the right way, to the right audience at the right moments.
- Drive proactive pitching, reactive handling and active monitoring of media to ensure that the company’s messages are advancing - you’ll also carefully manage reputational risk
- Build and manage a high performing communications team including running our partnership with an external agency
- Outline, draft, edit or write a wide variety of external-focused materials including: communication strategy, product narratives, leadership talking points, and company claims
- Secure stories in top media outlets and influential online sites and blogs that position executives as industry thought leaders; drive share of voice and provide a lift in awareness
- Coordinate logistics for targeted speaking engagements, TV appearances, radio and podcasts for key company leads
- Build measurability into programs and gather insights to continuously improve programs that drive awareness and share of voice
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders on communications approach, messaging and positioning, and influence internal stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are compelling and aligned to the needs of the business goals
- This role reports directly to our Head of Growth Marketing and is based in NYC
What We Look For:
- Have 9+ years of communications experience - in house or agency, journalism or elsewhere. Experience working across various regions and/or territories is ideal but not essential.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic communications plans - successful candidate should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan.
- Genuine communications savvy - you must have strong media relations skills, a deep network, solid copy-writing and editing skills; as well as strong digital content generation skills.
- Superior presentation / advisory skills - clear, concise thinking and sufficient gravitas to deliver meaningful advice to senior leaders on communications strategy in a timely fashion
- Strong project management skills - must be able to organize work in a methodical and rigorous manner but equally comfortable in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Impact player - you must be a strong self-starter who is willing to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- A track record of pioneering strategies and techniques for communicating news and information to audiences in a way that inspires, informs and galvanizes action