Senior Coordinator, World Baseball Classic - Marketing (Project based through WBC)
This role will work closely with the Project Manager, World Baseball Classic and additional tournament staff to coordinate, develop and manage marketing initiatives for the 2021 World Baseball Classic. This role will also oversee the financial tracking/budget, management, development, and execution of tournament wide promotional initiatives as well as create specific promotions for each venue. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of sports marketing, experience in the US and globally, and is a team player.
- Serve as main project manager lead for the World Baseball Classic Marketing Committee including setting meetings, agendas, creating timelines, tracking progress, etc.
- Work closely with the WBCI team across International Event Operations, Digital Marketing and Media, Club Marketing, New Media and Content Marketing and Analytics.
- Will also serve as main liaison for Marketing related functions with other departments including Design Services, Ticketing, Web Production, etc.
- Coordinate all marketing functions including but not limited to, ticket sales, partnerships, PR, media, creative, and digital/social with internal partners to ensure effective development and execution of marketing efforts for the WBC Qualifiers in 2020 and Main Tournament in 2021.
- Assist in the execution of campaigns across the different media channels (broadcast, social, online) to ensure campaign implementation delivers on business and assets needs flawlessly and on time.
- Continuously look for opportunities to engage with fans domestically and internationally.
- Work with the World Baseball Classic Project Manager in establishing partnership opportunities that will drive individual and group ticket sales.
- Assist in developing a strategic marketing plan and calendar, partnering with members of the World Baseball Classic Marketing Committee.
- Support the Project Manager with the budget and spend throughout the different mediums, work with analytics and digital marketing team on reporting and assist in analyzing performance and effectiveness.
- Responsible for contributing to the brand vision, positioning and voice as well as ensuring a consistent brand narrative across all messaging and activities.
- Monitor and propose marketing trends that could be implemented to benefit the World Baseball Classic brand.
- Assist Project Manager, World Baseball Classic with other miscellaneous tasks, including a hand in event operation tasks tied to the tournament.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in experiential, sports, or entertainment marketing events
- Broad understanding of sports business and the event industry and a strong knowledge of event industry best practices
- Insightful and highly creative with the ability to propose ideas
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish preferred
- Skill in Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) for editing or design preferred, but not a must
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
- Excellent writing skills and strong visual eye
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Position will require travel and frequent work on weekends