Senior Manager, Marketing Technology & Operations at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:45 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, February 26, 2020
At Teachable, we’re on a mission to help professionals monetize their knowledge. We believe anyone pursuing their passion creates valuable skills worth sharing. Our team is committed to building thoughtful tools and resources that make passing on what you have learned simple, meaningful, and rewarding.
We’ve entered an exciting period of growth and need an experienced Marketing Technology and Operations professional to help us define this next chapter. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this role will oversee our martech stack and operations efficiency, enabling and optimizing our growing marketing operation.
Our ideal candidate has experience building marketing infrastructure, measurement, and reporting capabilities from the ground up for SaaS-based organizations. This candidate must be equal parts technologist, operator, and analyst – helping optimize funnels, channels, and campaigns through best-in-class tech tools, process, and analytical rigor.
What you’ll be doing:
- As Marketing’s technology expert, you’ll partner with team leads and Engineering to evaluate, build, or buy new technology to improve marketing performance.
- Manage all systems used to generate and report on performance marketing KPIs; building and optimizing infrastructure that fuels the Marketing team.
- Partner closely with internal Data team to define business requirements needed for advanced reporting and analytics.
Operations & Reporting
- Develop process and drive priorities that unlock Marketing’s ability to make quick strategic decisions, invest decisively, and optimize growth.
- Own implementation and governance of our attribution tools and modeling, providing accurate view of each functional team’s performance towards goals.
- Design and manage processes for forecasting and measuring the impact of marketing campaigns across the customer journey; advise team on best practices.
- Partner with program managers to efficiently run campaigns through tracking governance and QA of marketing data through our systems.
- Drive our testing methodology and cadence to ensure we are in “test and learn” mode; analyze and audit frameworks and data to ensure business impact.
- Build and manage reports and dashboards; develop, maintain, and improve dashboards to track key success metrics for the team and executive leadership.
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings to present KPI tracking. Provide insightful data-driven guidance on future marketing tactics.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience either in an operations or demand generation role in a SaaS environment. Ability to identify opportunities to accelerate KPI improvements across Acquisition, Engagement, and Content teams.
- Analytical rigor. Demonstrated ability to translate complex data into concrete business recommendations with the goal of optimizing revenue-generating investments.
- Strong background in data management and health strategies inclusive of compliance, attribution governance, and email list integrity.
- A creative thinker with the ability to develop strong relationships across an organization. Comfortable working in fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- Proven track record of inheriting and improving existing technologies and implementing new technologies.
- An integrated mindset, easily understanding the link between marketing activities and overall business goals including their potential impact on other departments.
- Experience developing and managing attribution models.
- Experience designing and implementing A/B tests on landing pages and emails
- Direct exposure working with prospect/client databases on managing growth, enriching current data, and segmenting key audiences.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description