Senior Marketing Manager
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for a creative, results-oriented marketer with a passion for growing customer relationships. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for delivering exceptional customer experiences, primarily through the planning and execution of Collibra’s annual Data Citizens conference.
To do this, you'll be counted on to work cross-functionally with our Field team, Marketing, Product, and more. You’re highly organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure, thoughtful, and collaborative. You have a strong bias for action, and are well-versed in all aspects of customer and event marketing.
The right person has the ideal mix of creativity and logistics, is obsessed with spreadsheets, incredibly organized, and knows the ins-and-outs of managing a budget.
A day in the life of a Senior Marketing Manager at Collibra:
The Senior Marketing Manager will be a key part of the marketing team, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Create a world-class event experience. You’ll lead the strategy, development, and execution of our global series of customer events, including our flagship Data Citizens conference in New York.
- Manage the complete event cycle, from venue selection to contract negotiation, branding, agenda development, food and beverage selection, audiovisual, promotion, entertainment, production, and event load in and load out.
- Build effective partnerships with agencies, vendors, and internal partners. Negotiate with vendors, finalize agreements, and process invoices. You’ll be the liaison between vendors and Collibra, and will build strong relationships with the ecosystem of partners required to execute the Data Citizens conference.
- Deliver a cohesive and well-executed event strategy. Develop and own the master project plan that drives cross-functional execution across Collibra. Oversee all event preparation and effortlessly manage onsite execution including staffing, registration, attendee experience, sponsor experience, speaker and session scheduling, and more.
- Develop and manage a detailed budget. Be comfortable and excited to own a revenue number associated with ticket sales, sponsorships, and event spend. Meticulously track all spend and ensure events are delivered within budget.
- Build internal awareness of Data Citizens. Present pre-event briefings and post-event recaps to executive leadership and the broader Collibra team to ensure all are properly prepared and understand key results. Internally and externally, you’ll be an energetic and enthusiastic advocate for the Data Citizens conference.
- Drive external awareness and attendance. Work in partnership with our Field team and the broader Marketing organization to raise market awareness of the Data Citizens conference and drive registration among target customers and prospects. You’ll spearhead creative campaigns to ensure we meet our registration, ticket revenue, and sponsorship goals.
- Demonstrate the value and impact of Data Citizens. Obsessively track event metrics and look for areas to improve. Report on event results to raise awareness of the value and impact of the Data Citizens conference.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise technology marketing and communications; experience in enterprise SaaS preferred
- Proven track record of creating and executing marketing programs and events that drive customer engagement and/or advocacy
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Strong relationship management skills and a customer-first mindset
- Passion for creating exceptional event experiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Flexible hours: quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package