SEO Lead at Fundera
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:58 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, February 13, 2020
Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Fundera’s SEO Lead will help develop and scale Fundera’s SEO strategy, performance, and vision, taking responsibility for executing on our SEO roadmap and playing a key role in increasing high-intent organic traffic to the site and driving revenue from organic traffic.
As our SEO Lead, You’ll Get to...
- Support and help develop strategies around all SEO efforts for Fundera, including refining and expanding keyword targets, perfecting our on-page strategy, scaling our content distribution efforts, developing a best-in-class site architecture, and ensuring the best user experience for all site visitors.
- Help drive the organic performance and growth of all core, revenue-driving business verticals.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure we’re utilizing SEO best practices to drive forward key business initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the Editorial Team to ensure that we’re consistently publishing the highest quality SEO-optimized content.
- Oversee execution of Fundera’s content optimization engine, ensuring our content ranks as high as possible at all times. Work both autonomously and with the Editorial Team to implement and recommend a variety of on-page and off-page techniques.
- Execute on a rigorous experimentation schedule (CTR testing, CTA testing, page structure testing, etc.), to continuously improve all aspects of our SEO efforts.
- Develop a system for continuous technical SEO audits, ensuring we stay on top and swiftly resolve any impending issues.
- Lead all SEO reporting and analytics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, monitoring traffic, rankings, crawl reports, competitor strategies, and revenue.
- Be an industry-leader, staying on top of broad industry trends and developing new ideas to ensure that Fundera is taking advantage of all opportunities in the organic search environment.
- Mentor a team to support our organic growth efforts over time.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- 3+ years of SEO experience, working on a content creation and on-page and off-page optimization strategy.
- An advanced knowledge of all of the core tenants of SEO (technical, content creation, keyword research, link building, and content performance).
- A proven track record of scaling a brand’s organic traffic to 250,000+ (higher traffic expectations if with a non-B2B brand) and directly tying that traffic back to revenue.
- Experience with people management is a plus.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relevant experience, apply here to be our SEO Lead.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.
Read Full Job Description