Social Media Coordinator at Betterment
Are you an innovative and creative person, looking to bring your ideas to life on social media for an exciting brand? Does staying up to date on trends and applying them to create engaging content sound like the perfect job for you? Have you been managing social media for a brand, or maybe a successful side-hustle, and want to take it to the next level?
Betterment is seeking an experienced social media marketer to grow our organic social media program. We are looking for someone who brings creative energy and thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You’ll be joining the Growth team at Betterment, where we focus on growing our customer base through innovative marketing programs. As a member of our team you’ll be part of a supportive community that empowers each other to take ownership and bring creative ideas to fruition. You’ll play a pivotal role in advancing our mission: making personalized financial advice available for all, helping people make their goals and dreams a reality.A Day in the Life:
- Develop and execute an organic social media strategy for Betterment that helps drive customer growth across owned social channels
- Establish and be accountable for key performance indicators across channels and content types, that ladder up to greater business growth goals
- Build and execute a content calendar across prioritized channels, working with partners in creative design, compliance and more to publish content
- Write engaging content copy for social media channels and website, implementing and evolving Betterment’s voice for social platforms
- Monitor social performance and engagement, providing biweekly and monthly performance reporting that informs broader strategic pivots
- Actively monitor social channels (social listening) on behalf of the brand, key competitors, and general industry trends to identify opportunities for engagement
- Partner with PR, paid channel leads, content, and creative partners to concept and execute integrated campaigns
- Collaborate with customer service and strategic operations teams to identify trends in social outreach from customers, and grow loyalty, retention and customer community on our social channels
- Direct experience in growing a brand on Social Media on behalf of major, mid-size, startup or personal brand
- Savvy and knowledgeable in utilizing platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, reddit and more
- Proven ability to be highly creative and innovative, including experience developing far-reaching/viral social media campaigns
- Self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with other teams, including internal departments and third-party vendors
- Passionate about creating a world that is more equitable and just
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.