Social Media Manager at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be the owner of TpT’s social media channels that reach millions of educators each month. We’re looking for a social media manager who wants to help TpT grow its brand by producing inspirational content for its community of educators across the globe. Part strategist, part project manager, and part creator, you’ll work closely with our Brand & Content Team and Design Team to develop and execute an engaging and measurable social media strategy that supports brand and company objectives. We’re seeking an entrepreneurially-minded content creator that wants to build and foster a community with the content they produce and share.
- Manage day-to-day operations of TpT’s Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter channels including posting content daily and responding to select comments.
- Spark genuine, real-time interactions with current and prospective fans/followers. This means creating timely and relevant content that gets people talking, and staying on top of the trends and topics that matter to the TpT community.
- Contribute to company-wide marketing campaigns as the social media channel owner, while keeping overall content and social strategy in mind.
- Continually test posting and content strategy to determine the optimal approach to reaching and engaging various segments of our target audiences
- Maintain social media calendar and participate in monthly editorial review meetings.
- Analyze performance data to generate insights that refine and improve TpT’s approach to social media.
- Experience writing social creative briefs, ensuring that all teams have the necessary information in order to achieve campaign objectives and KPI’s
- Monitor and report on channel performance at monthly channel review meetings.
- Research and surface new strategies that strengthen the performance of existing social media channels
- Select high-quality user-generated content to share, and manage any necessary permissions.
- Experience with rapid-response
- Post on weekends and cover live events (infrequently but as needed)
- BA/BS degree
- You bring 3-5 years of experience managing social media for a consumer-facing business
- You’re passionate about social media and bring a deep understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- You use your strong writing skills and good eye for design to consistently create on-brand, engaging assets.
- You’re impact oriented and a strategic thinker who establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
- You possess strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, even under pressure.
- You’re able to work independently, multitask, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You’re proficient in marketing data and analytics. You’re constantly seeking ways to better understand the impact of your work..
- Excellent end to end project management/execution and relationship skills
- You show impeccable attention to detail (copy-editing experience a plus!) and excellent judgment.
- An upbeat, can-do attitude
- Strong understanding of the education industry and teachers
- Experience managing micro influencer campaigns and working directly with influencers & brand stakeholders
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.