Social Media Specialist
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, we’re on a mission to help people monetize their knowledge. We believe anyone pursuing their passion or profession develops valuable skills worth sharing. Our team is committed to building thoughtful tools and resources that help make passing on this knowledge simple, meaningful, and rewarding.
We’ve entered an exciting period of growth and would like a remarkable Social Media Specialist to help us write our next chapter. Reporting to the Head of Brand & Content, this role requires a special blend of creativity, strategic thinking, entrepreneurialism, and flawless execution.
We’re not looking for someone to simply post content and monitor inbounds, but someone that can work independently and across teams with confidence to develop an effective strategy, create authentic content, and manage a cohesive social roadmap. You’ll be responsible for amplifying our marketing activities, building brand awareness, and helping grow Teachable’s customer base.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and execute a calendar of proactive content that mixes core brand message, marketing campaigns, company news, and topical events.
- Develop ideas for compelling social content that engages our audience, grows our community, and inspires action. Collaborate with internal and external partners to bring these ideas to life.
- Create stories that draw from and showcase the passion and diversity of the Teachable community, collecting and shaping user generated content into positive social narratives.
- Proactively monitor, engage in, and respond to social media conversations that Teachable should be part of to amplify our influence. Escalate comments and content to appropriate stakeholders across the organization when necessary.
- Ensure our social presence always embodies our voice, tone, and meets our high bar for quality at all times.
- Utilize listening and analytics tools to generate reports, compile metrics and synthesize data into actionable insights for the right teams.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS, Marketing, Communications, English or Art History preferred.
- 3+ years' experience with expertise in social media, content, and creative.
- Creative individual and enthusiastic self-starter focused on delivering results.
- Comfortable with analytics and has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proven ability of completing projects in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Collaborative and comfortable managing numerous stakeholders.
- Ownership mentality and ability to prioritize tasks based on business impact.
- Grasps new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses, pursues self-development and seeks feedback.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description