Solution Architect at Tribune Publishing
The New York Daily News is seeking a Solution Architect to create marketing and media solutions that help our clients exceed their business objectives. The Solution Architect leads the solution creation process and partners with account teams and product specialists across functional areas. We want our Solution Architects to think outside the box; to be strategic and push our organization to create strategic solutions beyond transactional advertising. Successful applicants are comfortable in client-facing engagements and can translate their business objectives into solutions from our portfolio. They know the modern-day media ecosystem, and have the intellectual capability to understand the value proposition of our products for both clients and our audiences. They can work on many projects simultaneously, are well organized, and can rapidly switch context without losing a step. This position is ideal for a candidate that is creative, intelligent, resourceful, collaborative, and has a passion to win.
- Quarterback and aggressively drive the creation of client-facing solutions that will exceed clients’ business objectives by partnering and collaborating with product specialists across the company.
- Brainstorm unique ideas that will help clients stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Become an expert on the client’s business and industry by ingesting information from our account teams and vertical category managers and doing your own research as needed (including direct client engagement).
- Own the creation of visual materials that drive our client-facing presentations and proposals.
- Challenge our account teams to develop strategic solutions designed to exceed client objectives and expectations.
- Facilitate and participate in real-time collaboration with your peers at other Tribune brands.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, meaning there will be other things you’ll need to do that we haven’t thought of, but will generally be in line with the position.
- Personal attributes: Embrace challenge; relentless pursuit of excellence; little fear of adversity and headwinds; self-starter mentality that takes direction but doesn’t wait for it; kind and decent human being; doesn’t take her/himself too seriously; challenges current practice and standards; innovative; embraces change.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: minimum 7 years of B2B marketing experience in media or marketing services with a solid understanding of fundamental marketing principles including online/digital, promotions, product development, competitive media
- Ability to develop unique ideas and solutions that align with business objectives