Sr. Communications Specialist
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Corporation is looking for an experienced and high-energy communicator to execute internal and external communications programs, especially organic social media, in support of the firm’s strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for the production of internal and external communications to enhance Merrill’s brand in the marketplace, build engagement with customers and ignite passion and a sense of team amongst our employees.
As a member of a dynamic, nimble marketing team, you will report directly to the VP of Communications and play a crucial role in developing and bringing to market a compelling corporate message across all communication channels, including web, social media, mobile, direct mail and events.
Phenomenal copywriting, corporate communications and project management skills are a must. A positive, can-do attitude make you the ideal team member – someone stakeholders love to work with!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage our Internal Communications platform (Dynamic Signal)
- Manage our organic social media strategy (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instragram) to increase brand awareness and deepen relationships with clients by implementing and monitoring content across all Merrill channels (Social Studio)
- Work with in-house Creative Designer and external agencies to ensure internal and social content is informative, engaging and POPS!
- Draft internal communications (memos, newsletters, organizational changes) and executive communications (CEO memos, announcements, etc)
- Draft content for company website
- Develop communications materials for senior executive presentations at industry events including PowerPoint presentations, panel discussions and speeches
- Manage our awards program, ensuring we are participating in key industry and technology awards which will elevate brand awareness in the market
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on messaging and brand guidelines, ensuring global consistency and approach in all external communications assets
- Partner with our Sales, Product, HR, Marketing and Finance teams to create compelling Monthly Newsletters for consumption by our global employee base
- Develop content for Global Marketing Town Halls, including content development, event execution and follow-up
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- You love to execute world class communications that are engaging and tell a story
- You are an amazing writer
- You have eagle-eye attention to detail, are proactive and energetic
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love to get involved in different projects
- You can manage multiple projects and deliver high quality results independently
- When delivering world-class communications, you do it with pizzazz and a sense of urgency
- Undergraduate degree in communications or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in communications, preferably in financial services
- Digital native with robust knowledge of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and other emerging content platforms
- Experience using social content management tools a plus (eg. Social Studio; Sprinklr)
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to take “facts” and turn them into a compelling story– a true story teller
- Strong portfolio of editorial content across a range of financial topics
- Familiarity with web design, online publishing
- Exceptional skill in self-managing and in maintaining ownership over several projects at once
- Ability to meet tight turnarounds and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- 10% travel may be required
New York-based role