Sr. Director - Communication, Brand, and Content
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the ideal candidate will have a proven record of success building technology brands. The role requires experience growing and guiding a savvy team of curious and determined multi-disciplinary experts, with oversight of corporate communications, media relations, influencer relations, content, and brand. The Sr. Director should be able to demonstrate to the entire organization the progress and impact of the team's work and how it drives business outcomes.
What you'll do:
- Develop the company’s narrative and brand, implement the global communications and content strategy, and coordinate plans across the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- Work closely with internal and external experts to develop creative and content to support integrated demand programs, product introduction, and thought leadership.
- Implement and maintain an organization-wide content calendar with the aim of creating reputation defining moments for the organization. Manage the corporate content repository.
- Manage global PR efforts to meet objectives and key results.
- Serve as editor-in-chief of NS1.com while leveraging a cross-functional team of content owners. Drive SEO.
- Prioritize and manage Communications, branding and content budgets.
- Develop and cultivate cross-functional relationships with teams across NS1 and its partners. Help manage agency and freelance relationships.
- Your Skills:
- A minimum of 10+ years of direct hands-on communications, content and branding experience, plus 3 years leading a team
- Experience managing various internal partners to ensure clear, concise, and regular communication across various channels,
- Significant experience in media relations plus strong journalistic writing skills
- Proven ability to influence broadly and secure buy-in for corporate messaging strategy, and become a preferred partner of regional and local teams
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of productivity while managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong digital chops with extensive experience and confident vision around bringing a modern brand to life on the web.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business objectives, and the competitive landscape.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of the application infrastructure industry, dynamics, and competition a plus
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing a Public Relations agency
- Global brand experience, including past success increasing brand awareness/ visibility/ understanding and launching new products in domestic and international markets.
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.