Sr. Director Product Marketing – Investment Banking
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Sr. Director Product Marketing, Investment Banking is primarily a subject matter expert for their segment and buying persona. Additionally, the appointee will lead on cross-functional initiatives including the marketing of products or features in support of the product organization. The role is to develop compelling narratives that support premium market perception and ensure continued double-digit growth. The role will touch on every part of the organization and collaborate with Product, Service, Demand-Gen, Digital, Finance and Sales. This is a client facing role ideal for someone with strong inter-personal skills.
- Persona development and buyer insights: conduct quantitative and qualitative research into buying persona, buying journeys. Socialize with and communicate to business partners.
- Planning, reporting & analysis: develop go-to-market overview for assigned segment. Analyze success factors, wins and define overall business opportunity. Analyze value-chain.
- Messaging & positioning: develop market-centric positioning supported by impactful messaging for internal (sales, demand-gen, digital) and external audiences (media, analysts, clients)
- Pricing and packaging: analyze pricing performance; develop revenue and margin maximizing price points; package use cases appropriately to optimize profit
- Product launches and release management: package-up sprint cycles into ad-hoc releases with semi-annual to annual global product launches.
- Competitive & Market Intelligence: in conjunction with CI / MI lead, inform organization of market events, competitive milestones, technology and regulatory dynamics
- Demand Generation: develop demand generation campaigns that bring together audience, value-proposition and channels
- Thought-leadership: author of blogs, vlogs and other multimedia formats, speaker at conferences, presenter at webinars
- Sales enablement: ensure Sales is successfully informed of and trained on product developments, market changes, tools and content
- Own the playbook for the segment aimed at accelerating new employee onboarding and increasing product adoption
- 7+ years M&A, corporate development expertise in assigned segment
- B2B SaaS or subscription economy knowledge required
- Proficient in Enterprise technology stack
- Proven story-telling expertise in multiple formats: EXL, PPT, Prezi, others
- Regular on the speaking circuit
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Global mindset
- Exposure to go-to-market frameworks like Siriusdecision
- Analyst / Crowdreview placement experience – Magic Quadrant, Forrester Wave, G2Crowd etc.
- MBA/JD preferred