Sr. Product Marketing Manager at Smartling
Smartling is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our fast-paced marketing team. You will be responsible for working with the product, sales and marketing teams to develop and refine the product’s market position, and effectively communicate product benefits to the broader market. You will be charged with crafting competitive differentiation, messaging for product features and launches, and driving feature adoption from existing customers. Through qualitative and quantitative market assessments, you will become the market and customer expert, and use these insights to inform the product roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Product Management, or Technical Marketing in the technology industry. In this role, you will make data-driven decisions to move the team and product forward to achieve company goals, while developing the strategy for messaging, promotion and sales of our products.
- Craft messaging and product positioning to clearly articulate the value of the brand and products to increase our market share.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their enterprise business value through release notes, product briefs and web pages, webinars and new media.
- Train internal teams on positioning ourselves against the competition.
- Assess the market landscape, provide market analysis, identify target markets, define ideal customer profiles and buyer personas, and conduct competitive analysis for product differentiation and positioning.
- Work with the product and sales team to identify opportunities for our product to evolve.
- Lead, develop and execute go-to-market plans for new features and products.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to evangelize and promote the story of our product.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of Product Marketing, Product Management or Technical Marketing experience.
- Past experience at a software/technology company.
- Ability to understand complex technology and translate it into consumable marketing messaging.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively work cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and work in a self-directed manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in language, culture, and global content.
- Results Focused. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- Strong analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic thinker. Translates high level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- Customer Focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail Oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan - just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.