As Strategy Associate, you will work to improve access to mobility for our public transit partners. Working with senior members of the Strategy Team, you will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, and apply your knowledge of Via’s unique technical and operational strengths, to scope and design thoughtful and effective shared mobility services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Apply your strategic thinking skills and work closely with Via’s Finance and Expansion Teams to create context-specific service plans and customized pricing and budgeting proposals.
- Conduct rigorous research on global mobility trends by analyzing news and other forms of information and synthesizing findings into insightful commentary.
- Generate compelling original content by closely ascertaining a partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Lead competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- Skillfully manage communications with potential partner over the phone and email.
- Support senior team members during interviews with cities and transit agencies.
- An exceptional writer and communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you’ve even won awards).
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility.
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred).
- Prior experience at a startup, transportation consulting firm, management consulting firm, or in the public sector is a plus.
“Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.”
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.