Strategy Principal at Via
As Strategy Principal, you will take on a leadership role in establishing microtransit as a new, smart mode of public transit. By overseeing and coordinating the development of complex commercial proposals for cities and transit providers around the world, you will leverage your experience creating longform written content, understanding of our clients’ challenges and goals, and knowledge of Via’s unique technological and operational strengths, to produce compelling, RFP-winning proposals.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the simultaneous development of multiple competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- Apply your strategic thinking skills and work closely with Via’s Finance and Expansion Teams to create context-specific service plans and customized pricing and budgeting proposals.
- Generate high-quality original content by closely ascertaining a partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Oversee document flow to ensure responsiveness, adherence to quality standards, and legal compliance.
- Provide expert peer review and editing feedback for other team members’ proposals
- Skillfully manage communications with procurement officials over the phone and email.
- Support senior team members during off-site proposal interviews.
Who You Are
- You have at least three years of experience creating content and managing deadlines as a writer in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment (five years or more plus managerial experience are strongly preferred).
- You're an exceptional writer with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you’ve even won awards.)
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex proposal while, at the same time, relating each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred.)
What Catches Our Eye
- Prior experience at a startup, consulting firm, or in a leadership role is a plus.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.