Team Lead, Media & Acquisition - Brand Media at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a creative, experienced brand media strategist to focus on connecting the dots between our brand media strategy and our growing/diversifying channel mix -- communicating goals and performance, informing investment and mix decisions, and directly managing main channels. Such, we ask that you are comfortable with working cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment. You will also need to operate with a combined innovation and analytical mindset as they lead the growth of awareness in multiple markets and within specific channels such as OOH, Print, and Paid Content.
Our Media & Acquisition team sets itself apart by being both rigorous and experimental, and we’re looking for team members who can maintain that balance. We advertise across several channels—from programmatic display and paid search to out of home, online radio, podcasts, and more—and would expect a manager to lead our efforts in several of them. You have experience across multiple traditional and latest channels while holding yourself accountable, tracking every placement and its performance to provide feedback on where to invest more and where to invest less. This position is based in our headquarters in New York.
- Contribute to strategic planning against brand media goals by supporting the development of brand investment and media mix strategies
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Report on performance across both directly-managed and matrixed brand channels, and make recommendations for changes in strategy
- Build a cross channel monitoring approach that allows seamless across the company
- Lead the evaluation of integrated media partnerships across the org, acting as the brand media expert and working with experts across Video, Social, et al.
- Create media plans across OOH, Print & Paid Content
- Participate in communication with external agencies
- Work with our analytics, creative, and research teams to reach brand goals across markets
- 5+ years of marketing experience in-house or agency side, as media planner or buyer
- Experience building brand strategies and working in a matrixed environment
- Broad experience across a variety of media channels; traditional and digital channels
- Comfort using the common tools of the trade: DCM, Google Analytics, Media Ocean
- Experience with performance tracking and ROI analysis; you are very comfortable working in Excel
- Comfort with thinking through challenges from both sides of the brain – analytics and intuition
- Cultivator of collaboratively working relationships with teams across an organization and “uplifting others”
- Use data, insights and metrics to propel brand strategy and implement compelling marketing programs that provide measurable value
- Can consider and react to new information quickly but thoughtfully
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.