Vice President, Acquisition at Grubhub
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while bringing meaningful impact to our customers-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
As the VP, Acquisition, you will be responsible for scaling our Acquisition Growth Marketing Team, driving strategy, setting priorities, expanding capabilities, and executing and defining both long and short term growth goals. This role will be accountable for (1) all digital marketing channels, including paid search, SEO, paid social, display advertising, retargeting; (2) upper funnel marketing including TV, OOH, and marketing sponsorships to drive growth; (3) B2C marketing partnerships with large Enterprises and mid-size restaurants; and (4) strategy, analytics, and insights. You will help solve complex and exciting consumer challenges by leveraging data and insights to develop strategies to drive consumer growth and differentiation.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and executing the strategy for new diner and order growth for Grubhub and Seamless nationwide
- Lead that team that is at the center of marketing investment, determining efficacy of all of the company's discretionary spend
- Lead the team that helps the broad marketing team (130+ strong!) across B2C and B2B groups measure incremental CAC and LTV, define rigorous testing plans, and ultimately allocate budgets
- Partner with senior leaders and executive across Grubhub, ensuring our growth strategy aligns to our overall company wide initiatives and long term objectives
- Identify opportunities to shift marketing investment to better channels or test new new emerging channels
- Determine the strategy for how we test & scale new ideas to constantly evolve and continue high growth
- Partner closely with our Brand, Product, Logistics, and Restaurant Network leaders to create a world-class experience that maximizes LTV
- As a senior member of the marketing leadership team, build out a world class marketing team one that is constantly focused on experimentation, learning, and growing our business
- Establish objectives and performance standards to encourage employee growth and development for the team
- Provide thought leadership and strategic insight to your team and guide the prioritization of different initiatives
What You Bring to the Table
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of experience in acquisition marketing
- 10+ years of leadership/management experience
- Proven experience in managing multiple functions in a fast paced, changing environment
- Deep financial management and analytical skills. You will be overseeing a large marketing budget and must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to optimize spend based on performance
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
- Experience developing integrated marketing strategies and integrating acquisition within broader digital marketing efforts
- Proven track record of growing the impact of a marketing strategy on a measurable basis such as ROI, CPA, MMM
- Eagerness to be deep in the details while also able to zoom out and identify trends and street the organization
- Strong leadership and communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate trade-offs and communicate plans to senior leadership
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement. In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]