Teachable’s mission is to “empower Creators to monetize their expertise.” Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online courses and coaching. (Examples of our Creators and their offerings can be found here, here and here.) We generate revenue in two ways: (1) from monthly or annual subscription fees (SaaS) paid to us by our Creators for access to the platform; and (2) from transaction fees calculated as a percent of the value of courses and services sold by Creators through our platform. We currently support over 40,000 Creators who have collectively sold over $1 billion in courses and coaching on Teachable.
In April 2020 Teachable was acquired by Hotmart, an online platform designed to enable people “to make a living from their passions.” Hotmart’s operations and customers are concentrated in Brazil, but the company is increasingly global in scope, with Teachable serving as its base of US operations.
The VP of Marketing is tasked with driving continued revenue growth by acquiring new customers, communicating the value of Teachable’s products and increasing awareness of the Teachable brand. Responsibilities span multiple marketing functions including acquisition marketing, product marketing, brand and content, managing the Teachable online community and marketing analytics. A member of the executive leadership team, the VP of Marketing reports to the SVP of Revenue.
- Develop a consistent and scalable marketing strategy to ensure Teachable achieves its growth objectives of 50%+ annual revenue growth through the continual acquisition of customers with a high degree of affinity for Teachable’s products and services
- Lead paid and non paid acquisition channels, including SEO/SEM, social media marketing and Teachable’s affiliate program
- Partner with the Sales team to evolve our acquisition channel strategy as well as support conference and event marketing
- Leverage best-in-class lifecycle marketing practices to accelerate content engagement to drive customer acquisition and improve retention
- Oversee Teachable’s brand and public relations efforts to increase awareness of Teachable to prospective customers, investors and employees
- Identify talent and hiring needs and recruit and build the Marketing function accordingly. Provide leadership and guidance to Marketing team members to optimize performance, career development and retention
- Work with the Finance function to build Teachable’s revenue plan, and specifically Marketing’s contribution to this plan, as well as the Marketing team’s expense budget
- Lead quarterly and annual planning processes for the Marketing team, ensuring that priorities are clearly defined, targets and metrics are established and resource requirements are identified
- Work with Data and Marketing Operations to establish an attribution model and reporting that is transparent, efficient and accountable
- Clearly communicate across the organization to ensure all departments are aware of and aligned with Marketing objectives and activities. Report on progress towards goals at weekly meetings with the executive leadership team and at company all-hands meetings on a regular basis
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Hotmart marketing team to leverage shared learnings and coordinate global marketing efforts when warranted
- BA or BS in a related field, but preferably within marketing or business; MBA a plus but not required
- 12+ years of experience in progressively senior roles within Growth Marketing, Digital Marketing and/or Acquisition Marketing, preferably within organizations catering to small and medium sized businesses. Experience within Marketing Operations and Awareness Marketing is a plus
- Have a strong grasp of and appreciation for key marketing metrics, including those germane to SaaS companies, and are skilled at drawing insights from marketing data and identifying and communicating which Marketing activities will impact these metrics
- A consistent track record of exceeding revenue and lead goals, with the ability to communicate which actions and decisions led to your success
- Strong people leadership and management capabilities that inspire, manage performance and develop talent; ability to mobilize direct and indirect reports, as well as cross-functional leadership across the organization; experience in building top performing marketing teams
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing defined strategies that include lead generation, conversion, activation and awareness
- Familiarity with the Creator/Passion Economy would be strongly preferred
- Tech-savvy and up-to-date on marketing tools, platforms and resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an eye for design
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition
- Entrepreneurial and work well in a rapidly changing environment
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Flexible work policy beginning Sept. 1, 2021
Employees may be designated as Flex (mainly work from home with in-office option), in office, or fully remote upon special approval.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.