Bodhala’s groundbreaking legal technology solutions empower teams to analyze, interpret, and optimize outside counsel spend — trailblazing a new era of legal market intelligence through AI and machine learning. With legal departments being asked to do more with less, Bodhala takes the ambiguity out of legal spend and empowers business leaders to make strategic decisions and justify those decisions with confidence.
Headquartered in the Financial District of Manhattan, Bodhala tripled its headcount last year and is positioned for continued fast-paced growth through 2020, with locations across the United States and in Europe.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP, Marketing will be responsible for leading the planning, development and execution of the company’s strategic marketing initiatives, including Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Brand and Corporate Communications. Working collaboratively with the senior management team, the VP, Marketing will articulate and execute growth plans, including positioning and messaging, to drive revenue growth through market and data-driven insights and over-achieve annual revenue targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of building something from the ground up and put your own mark on the company.
- Thought Leadership – Build awareness and position the company as a thought leader among customers, prospects, partners, and in the press and analyst communities.
- Product Marketing – Develop, articulate and optimize Bodhala’s positioning and differentiation; amplify in target markets through customer stories, and enable Sales; Work closely with product management and engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages; identify, prioritize and launch product modifications/ additions to improve customer satisfaction, revenue, and retention.
- Generate Demand – Build and scale a systematized demand generation engine to support sales processes and aggressive sales growth and ROI. A sales-driven approach that drives leads and overall marketing funnel effectiveness through modern and industry-proven marketing methods.
- Go-to-Market Alignment – Embrace a service mentality to the sales team to foster alignment and partnership with the CRO through open communication and a shared measurement methodology.
- World-Class, Cross-Discipline Marketing Function – Build and bolster a world-class team. Continually assess the existing team to identify specific organizational needs and talent opportunities, discern coaching and mentoring opportunities, and implement the optimal leadership and organizational changes necessary to profitably deliver against the company plan
First 30 Days
- Develop a keen understanding of Bodhala solution, culture and the legal tech market landscape
- Create SMART objectives for team members in alignment with company’s quarterly and annual goals
- Assess functional gaps and present plan to address
First 60 Days
- Formalization of a dashboard to the be used for day-to-day program tracking and board reporting
- Presentation of a set of recommendation to drive revenue growth, increased ASPs and organizational alignment and execution
First 90 Days
- Development and rollout of a cross functional product release process
- Development and implementation of a strategy to position and distinguish Bodhala in the legal tech space
- Presentation of quarterly results in alignment with company objectives, with clear vision of what is needed to manage against these results
- 10+ years of technology marketing expertise, primarily in product marketing and ideally within the legal tech, legal or SaaS industries.
- Cross-discipline, modern marketing experience with emphasis in product marketing
- Creative, driven, and strategic mindset, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build alignment around strategic objectives.
- Deep understanding of what it takes to drive growth through multi-channel go-to-market models with multiple industry verticals in the enterprise segment
- Early stage, high growth, venture-backed company experience strongly preferred.
- Successful track record leading marketing strategy, implementation and team for B2B companies which led to significant revenue growth ($5 million to $30 million in annual revenue).
- Solid expertise in all disciplines of marketing for complex technology sales, including strategy development, customer targeting, branding, research, campaign measurement and optimization, digital and social media, analytics, press and analyst relations, promotions, advertising, channels and pricing.
- Sense of urgency in helping businesses navigate the changing landscape to commercialize high growth market opportunities.
- Proven as cross-organizational leader, operator, organizer, and facilitator. Must be comfortable taking team members outside of their comfort zone, for the betterment of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business or related field; MBA or advanced degree a plus
Bodhala is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.