Website Conversion Optimization Manager (JR101560) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better opportunity:
We’ll bring you the traffic, and then it’s all eyes on you.
As the first Website Conversion Optimization manager at Better, you’ll be responsible for leading, executing, and reporting on the end-to-end website optimization roadmap. This is a strategic, highly visible, and most importantly, fun, role reporting into the Content & SEO Lead. You will be able to truly move the needle and see the impact on bounce rates, conversion rates, content engagement (time on site), and organic search traffic.
Primarily, you’ll be responsible for coming up with a roadmap of how to get more of our organic traffic to start pre-apps. To get a taste of the content - take a look here. Eagerness to dive into audience mindset and optimal user journey will be your foundation.
In addition, you’ll work closely with other marketing, product, site analytics, and engineering team members to:
- Help them set up & conduct proper A/B tests for our marketing landing pages
- Influence any low-hanging fruit opportunities
- Set the number of tests we run and prioritize the tests
- Uncover sitewide customer experience issues and developed testing and/or targeting concepts to solve for customer challenges
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define test objectives and scope, establish timelines, achieve successful implementation and measure results.
- Increase ROI through onsite optimizations and rigorous test and learn
- Build strong foundation of marketing analytics
- Increase conversion rate through landing page testing and optimization
- Increase organic search traffic and improve search ranking
- Improve our customer reviews and ratings through reputation management
- Manage the ongoing conversion rate optimization strategy for better.com, including ideation, planning, testing, optimization and reporting
- Drive quarterly planning cycles, understanding business objectives and providing data-driven input with an aim to improve conversion rates and ultimately revenue
- Create and maintain testing calendar across all of our various businesses based on hypothesis' stemming from previous data
- Partner with internal digital stakeholders throughout the planning and execution phases of experiments
- Report and conduct in-depth analysis of experiments that is shared with stakeholders to develop strong knowledge base
- Develop streamlined process for experiments to move from hypothesis to analysis
- Create documentation to catalog historical results for easy sharing across the organization
- Work closely with our performance media team to ensure new landing page experiences are designed with CRO best practices in mind
- 5+ years of website optimization, CRO, and working in a CMS
- Experience leading site and landing page strategy
- A track record of quantifiable results and successes driving onsite engagement and conversions
- Analytical thinker with hands-on technical know-how to work within a CMS system and manage an A/B testing platform
- Knows how to conduct and report an A/B test successfully
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree
- While this role can be fully remote, you’ll be able to work East Coast Hours (9 am - 6 pm EST Monday - Friday)
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.