Asset Manager, IT Ops at Flatiron Health
We are looking for an IT Asset Manager to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
You will join the IT Operations team and manage a large software and technology asset portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware at Flatiron. This includes compliance with vendor contracts, negotiation of new and existing contracts, tracking and monitoring of software licenses and hardware assets, order forecasting, and asset monitoring activities. Additionally, you will be responsible for the creation and adoption of a governance program that establishes controls and a decision-making process to optimize spend, decrease proliferation of redundant software, and improves the overall life cycle of our assets.
We are a growing team with plenty of opportunities for you to learn and contribute to our team objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Create a governance program that encourages innovation and controls the process of requesting, evaluating, and deciding on new and existing software and hardware.
- Be the primary point of contact and manager of all IT vendor relationships. You’ll establish new relationships and nurture existing ones.
- Prepare Flatiron for negotiation and handling of software contract renewals. This will include understanding and identifying stakeholder and user requirements and ensuring that we’re meeting budget expectations.
- Plan and prepare yearly budgets for software and hardware spend. You will also implement processes to control costs and use tools to monitor spend so that we’re trending towards meeting our projected budget.
- Be the central point of procurement for IT and initiate the purchase of hardware and software that follow Flatiron’s procurement policy and process.
- Evaluate and monitor SaaS application usage, engagement, and spend to ensure optimal cost-effectiveness.
- Stay up to date on new features of our existing software and technology changes of our standardized hardware. Collaborate with IT members to ensure changes that have an impact are mitigated against.
- Day-to-day inventory management of hardware assets using our Asset Management System
- Implement processes for hardware chain of custody, lifecycle management, and overall physical asset management.
- Hardware needs forecasting and order placement to maintain inventory levels necessary to support business operations.
- Setup 3rd party laptop configuration and deployment to ease the burden of performing this in-house.
- Establish KPI’s that support the overall success of IT Asset management and provide weekly reporting to track progress.
Who you are:
- You have created asset management processes and an overall program that tracks usage, optimizes spend, and limits proliferation of software and hardware.
- You are a leader in the asset management space and your experience allows you to drive the adoption of best practices in managing our asset portfolio.
- Experienced in managing vendor relationships and have a keen eye for understanding and evaluating terms of services, EULA’s, master service agreements, and legally binding contracts.
- You understand how supply chains can impact computer manufacturing and are able to mitigate against shortages in our inventory.
- You are experienced with asset management and ITSM tools
- 5+ years of experience in IT Asset Management and Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Oomnitza
- Experience with Intello or similar SaaS management tools
- Experience with Coupa